hiraeth

By WaterMelonSugarLies

cutting someone completely off from your life is sometimes necessary for your peace, don't feel guilty for i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
IMPORTANT
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
A Continuation?
Chapter 26
The end

Chapter 9

315 8 4
By WaterMelonSugarLies

***few days later***
"Mom you told dad that I'll be taking the day off right" asked Erik as he entered the family room where his mother, kitty sat whilst watching the television.

"Yes, I did." Said kitty looking up at her son as he walked in the room, her eyes gentle yet at the same time tired. A lot like Erik's except kitty always seemed too calm if not too excited, this made Erik always wonder about his mother's health for he's seen her taking  medication yet he never knew for what.

"Thanks mom" said Erik as he took a seat besides his mother upon the leather sofa. Both watching tv in the silence of each other, it was calming oddly enough. "So what do you plan on doing with your 'new friends'" asked kitty looking over to her son.

"I- I don't know.. hang out" said Erik with a shrug. His eyes still focused on the tv. Luckily the awkward conversation didn't last long for the door bell rang,

"I'll get it" said Erik as he quickly made his way towards the front door yet only to be out ran by his house keeper 'Dorothy'

"Welcome miss Scarlett" said Dorothy entered the young 16 year old.

"Hey" said Scarlett with a smile.

"Hey" replied Erik whilst placing his hands in his Jean pockets.

The both stood in an awkward silence yet not for too long for Dorothy broke it.

"Little brother not join" asked Dorothy looking out the front door, behind Scarlett.

"Oh.. yeah he has food poisoning.. for like the past 3 days so.." continued Scarlett

"Oh-a well- I hope he feels better" said Erik

"I can go if you want.. I know you probably wanted to play video game with Mike or something" started Scarlett as the awkward situation ate her completely from the inside.

"NO, I mean come on in" said Erik as he gestured for Scarlett to follow him, the two entered the family room to greet Kitty who now had a cigarette lit and a glass of Rosa by her side.

"We're going to head up stairs " said Erik to his mum before looking to Scarlett and heading to his room.

"The door stays open" shouted kitty as the teens made there way up the oak wood stair case.

***In Erik's room***
"Okay so I guess it's clear to say that you are a massive tennis geek" said Scarlett with a chuckle as she looked around Erik's room.

"I mean I wouldn't call me a geek.." continued Erik before being cut off by Scarlett.
"Oh definitely a geek" said Scarlett with a toothy smile.

The two spent some time talking about school if not sports, The two talked fondly for they both despised math anything in relation to it. Oddly enough they found comfort talking to one another, Erik almost felt he'd known Scarlett for years whilst the truth been.. it had only been a few weeks.

As the day went on the two decided on going out for one couldn't stay cooped up in a home for so long. The two decided to pay a visit to 'La Paella' a small yet classic Spanish restaurant.

***Later***
As the two arrived they were greeted by a Hispanic server who took them to an out door seating area.

"Gracias, podrías traerme un poco de agua" spoke Erik some what fluently, yet he stumbled with his words. The server nodded as he made his way to retrieve what Erik asked for.

"Wait you speak Spanish?" Asked Scarlett whilst looking at the server leave.

"Yeahh kinda had to take it up since my dads side of the family is .. well Cuben and all" said Erik as the two took a seat. "Don't you? I thought everyone had to take up a language or something and not to mention doesn't everyone speak Spanish in Florida" he continued.

"Yeaaa everyone pretty much does though I opted German" replied Scarlett.

The waiter returned to the table with a glass of water for the two and now prepared to take there orders.

As the two ate in harmony amongst each other, there peace didn't last long for it was disrupted by the one and only Craig Crain, Erik's oh so best friend.

"Rickk" shouted out Craig as he entered the small restaurant "what're you doing here man" he stated as Erik got up to meet him.

"Just came by with a friend"replied Erik whilst side eyeing at Scarlett who sat a foot away.

"Ohh.. yeah cool" said Craig as he noticed the teen who sat across, "hey! We met that other day at the mall" continued Craig as he made his way to grab a chair to include himself.

The conversation started and yet as oddly enough it, it ended up being quite an enjoyable one. Scarlett found Craig's company to be fun if not a complete opposite of Erik. He was loud and unapologetic and not to mention LOUD.

They day passed by and the three ended it by returning back to the Menendez mansion for it had started to pour cats and dogs though Craig didn't stay long for he had to return home. It usually never rained in California but when it did, it rained a shit ton.
"Honestly man I had the best time" said Scarlett with much enthusiasm as Erik and her entered the home "not to mention i can't believe you and Craig are BEST FRIENDS, he's such a character"continued Scarlett as Erik listened and laughed along for he too didn't and couldn't believe to this day that'Craig' out of all the people in the world was his 'best friend'

Over all the laughter didn't last long for it never quite did in the Menendez home.

"So how was your day off" said a stern and heavy voice, it was Jose.
Silence struck the room for Erik's whole face went as white as a ghost.
"Mmon said she told you I took the day off from .. training" said Erik whilst his eyes lowered towards the ground. Scarlett stood not too far behind him yet just about a foot enough.

"Yeah, what'd you eat" asked Mr Menendez, his tone now almost mocking.
"Food" replied Erik, now looking at his father.
"What the fuck kinda reply is that" shouted Mr Menendez (aka Jose)

His tone now heavy, almost like a bear. Hearing his tone sent shivers down Scarlett's spine for he did not realise she stood there she thought.

"Ate some FuCkIN shit huh?!? Get outside boy" shouted Jose at the top of his lungs, "NOW" he continued.

Erik now  looked petrified for his shoulders now sunk, he looked tense as he froze in his steps. His hands were clenched tight, into fists and as for his eyes, they were lowered towards he ground.

"GO!"shouted Jose once again.

What followed was truly absolutely shocking to Scarlett for it almost seemed like she was ghost if not invisible to Mr Menendez's eyes. He forced his son to swim in a pool at 10pm with no remorse for even though it rained cats and dogs, he didn't care.

"Come on FASTER" he shouted from the patio as Erik swam within the icy cool waters and not to mention the strong rain acted as millions of bullets colliding upon him.

Scarlett truly could not understand what she watched and prayed for her mother to come pick her up for she desired nothing more then to have not witness this revolting sight.

Though little did she know that witnessing this very sight was to be of great aid in the near future.

***NOTE***

Ookieee so I hope y'all liked this chapter! I tried showing somewhat of the crazy things Jose put Erik through.. over all I'd love some feed back on the chapter, I know it's not my best but like legit I'm running on 4 hours of sleep and this is the best my sleep deprived mind could do🤡.

Don't forget
Star/vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 9.2K 105
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...
694K 25.4K 100
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
444K 30.2K 45
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
515K 14.7K 107
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc