More Than Friends

By jthawtiter

Everybody life is good, living great, and enjoying their purpose for being on earth. Family means everything... More

CHARACTERS
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63 Pt. 1
Chapter 63 Pt. 2
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80

Chapter 55

1.4K 58 39
By jthawtiter

*Layton in MM*

*next day*

"Pay-Pay" Shawn tapped her and she opened her eyes.

"Yo kid wassup" she said turning her head do she could see him standing over her.

"I'm hungry" he said and she sigh, she felt good.

"Alright, go put on some clothes kid. I gotta take you somewhere" she said as she rubbed her eyes slowly sitting up.

"Ok. Can we play ball today" he asked and she looked back at him.

"No kid... not today" she said and he smacked his teeth groaning.

"Man" he said as he limped off towards the stairs.

"Time Shawn... time" she said as she stood up walking off to her room.

"Wassup kid" she said as rubbed her belly feeling the baby wake up.

"Oh boy I'm tired" she said as she walked to the bathroom.

She took a shower and got out. Washing her face and brushing her teeth. Once she finished she fixed her & Shawn a bowl of cereal. While they ate she noticed Shawn was very upset.

"Listen kid, I know you want to get back on the court but I can't let you. Your patella was crushed you have to let this cast do it's job first before I let you do anything concerning basketball" she told him and he was so upset.

"Pay-Pay can I at least go see a game or something" he asked and she shook her head no.

"I'm not going to let you do that either" she said and he smacked his teeth.

"Why" he asked so aggressively.

"Fix your tone Shawn" she told him as she looked over at him.

"I'm sorry but I really miss basketball." He said and she sigh deeply.

"I know.... but if I let you seat at a game you're going to want to go out there and play. Than you'll get upset because you can't" she explained and he was about to cry.

"I can't do nothing no more, he took everything away from me, I hate my dad" he said as he cried and Payton let him let it out.

"He took my mom away from me and my basketball dream" he said as tears stream down his face, he was hurt.

"Shawn listen to yourself kid, you can't think like that. The only person that can take something away from you is you, if you really wanna do something you're going to do it regardless of any situation" Payton told him.

"Only person that's able to tell you can't do something is you. I'm telling you you can't go to the gym but that don't mean you have to listen to me, you can go to the gym but if you get on the court and hurt yourself you also have to deal with the consequences of never getting on the court again" she said and he wiped his face.

"So the only person that take something from you is you Shawn. Finish your cereal so we can head out" she said as she stood up drinking her mild putting the bowl in the sink.

He said nothing else and finished his cereal. August was calling her she answered and walked of so they could talk in private.

"Morning P, listen you wanna take maternity pictures" he asked and she sigh.

"No." She said and he smacked his teeth.

"Why.." he asked and she shrugged as if he could see her

"I don't want to." She said and he sigh.

"I'm coming over there later tonight so we can talk about it" he said before hanging up.

"I'm done Pay-Pay" he said and she nodded her head.

"Let's go" she said and they headed out.

"I'm going to buy a new car today" she told herself as they got in the car.

They got in the car & headed to her condo on the other side of LA. Once they got there she helped Shawn out the car and as they walked she noticed Shawn limping harder than usual.

"Yo Shawn you took your meds kid" she asked and Shawn stopped and look back at her.

"Yea, but my leg is hurting me" he said as he squinted his face up in pain.

"Come on, get on my back" she said and he got behind her jumping up on her back.

"Ow Payton" he groaned as the pin shot straight up his leg.

They headed up the stairs to Payton's condo. Payton knocked on the door and it was quiet for a minute. Payton put Shawn down so she could look for her spare key. Before she could unlock the door, the door swung open and it was Michelle.

"BABYBOY" Michelle squealed as she pulled Shawn into a hug.

"No, No, No, No, No.... NOOO" he said before screaming and Payton looked as he began to cry.

"What's wrong" Michelle asked and he moved her off of him.

"No mom... no... I've cried myself to sleep so many night thinking about you. You want there for me when I needed you" he said as tears streamed down his face.

"Baby I'm sorry" she said as she looked at him, she was hurt.

"Listen... y'all go inside and talk. I'll be back to get you alright kid" she told him and he wiped his face before walking inside.

Payton went back to her car and got in. She headed to the nearest dodge dealership and put money down on her car. Once she got them the address to ship it to she went to Pierre house.

"Yo Pierre" Payton said as she walked straight in since the door was unlocked.

"Pierre" she called him again, no answer.

"Their not here" Tasha said as she walked down the stairs.

"Wassup Tasha... when they get back let Pierre know he can get his car back. I don't need it nomore" she told as she reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Ok umm... can I ask you a question" she said and Payton sigh.

"Wassup" she said and Tasha began to play with her fingers.

"Can you go to a session with me today" she asked and Payton looked at her Apple Watch.

"How long is this going to take" she asked and Tasha shrugged.

"A hour" she said and Payton looked at her.

"I can give you that, let's go" she said and Tasha grabbed her purse following out behind Payton.

"Moms" August said as he walked in the mansion.

"Yea" she said from the kitchen and he walked to the kitchen.

"I'm moving in here and I'm getting this whole mansion redocrated" he told her off the rip.

"What August" she asked as she cut her onions.

"I'm moving back in here" he told her again and she shook her head.

"August is Payton pregnant for real" she asked and August took his shades off to look at her.

"What ma" he asked and she looked at him.

"August she told me she couldn't get pregnant and all of sudden she is. She aborted that first baby" She said and August was confused.

"Where is this coming from" he asked and she shook tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Son it's just something I've been thinking about ok, Payton is pregnant all of sudden but seven years ago she sat on my couch and told me she couldn't get pregnant at all, something happened to your first born August" she said and August had confusion all over his face.

"Ma... liste-" before he could finish she cut him off.

"Is she high risk" she asked and August shook his head no.

"Not from what I know of, she's health and doing good" he said and his momma nodded.

"She had an abortion" she said in complete confidence.

"You really think she did" he asked kinda figuring it out.

"Yes. She did August" she said and August grabbed his keys fearlessly walking out.

Payton and Tasha were at her house instead of going the therapy session. She cancelled so Tasha decided to join Payton as she decorated the baby's room. Tasha was more than happy to finally be spending time with Payton.

"Jesus Payton... all the baby is going to be wearing is black" Tasha asked as she unpacked packages that were full of all black clothes.

"Cute right" Payton asked with a smile, she was actually enjoying Tasha's company.

"I mean all you bought so far was black clothes" she said and Payton chuckled.

"I have more downstairs" she said and Tasha folded the clothes putting them in the drawers.

"Well I'm done with my packages" Tasha said as she added to the pile of boxes.

"Me too" Payton added to the pile also.

"Let's go downstairs and get more I guess" she said carefully standing up and they headed down the stairs.

As they reached the bottom of the stairs August bussed in the house causing Payton to stop. He looked mad and his demeanor looked aggressive.

"Payton did you abort Adonis" he asked and she walked over the couch sitting down feeling the baby awake.

"What" she asked and Tasha walked back upstairs not wanting be in their business.

"Did you abort our first born" he asked and she pushed her hair back.

"Where is this coming from" she asked confused and he walked over standing in front of her.

"How come your having a health pregnancy all of a sudden and pregnant but you told my moms you couldn't get pregnant so what happened to Adonis" he asked and she because upset.

"He died August... why the fuck would I abort my kid" she snapped and he took a deep breath.

"How come your having a health pregnancy now" he asked and she smacked her teeth.

"Nigga what... this is not a health pregnancy" she said holding her shirt up showing her stomach.

"I'm eight months pregnant and our son is hardly developed, I'm high-risk, there's a fifty percent I won't make it off the table after deliver, and the baby's going to be automatically premature because my uterus is strong enough to hold him after eight months. Don't you ever come in here and disrespect me on no shit like that yo" she snapped feeling her angry rise.

"Why didn't you tell me this" he asked and she needed to calm down.

"No like deadass real shit I liked to slapped the shit out of you, you real life just disrespected me. I would never in my life abandon no child, I was abandon at twelve fucking years old. That shit is wack and out of character of me as a female and as Payton Elena East." She snapped and he felt bad.

"Payton calm down" he said and she was heated.

"No im tired of your shit, like you or anybody else around me don't look at the fucking fact that I'm blessed to be pregnant, after being beat, left on the streets to die, fighting depression, sitting in a cold ass basement at fourteen with no food to eat for three days. You mothua' fuckers on look at it as either I kilt the first baby or this one ain't gone make it. Fuck you, your moms cause I know she told you to come ask me some shit like that,  and everybody else with dumbass opinions" she said snapped at him, she as tired.

"Don't disrespect me or moms like that" he said and she was so upset, she said whatever came to her mind.

"No.. respect the fact that I'm a strong ass mother yo. Im putting my life on the line ever fucking day I wake up pregnant, you don't have to go lay on a table and deliver a premature baby and possibly die in the mix." She snapped again and August seen the redness all over body, she was completely red.

"I'm sorry" he apologized and she shook her head no.

"Fuck no. Get yo ass out my house and don't come back until I ask you to, that's mad disrespectful of you. Fuck out my spot yo and leave my key here while you at" she said and he was going to give her time. She needed it.

He left and she sat there upset.

"The fuck yo... nigga got me mad tight right now" she said taking off her shirt as she stood up, the Harlem in her was out.

"I'm fucking pregnant with your baby and instead of you asking me how he's doing you ask me sum dumbass question like that, I dead wanna fight right now" she said as she walked to the kitchen talking to herself.

"Payton" she heard Tasha called her name.

"What" she answered and Tasha came around the corner.

"Are you ok" she asked and Payton was pissed.

"God is good, I'm fine" she said as she all of sudden became calm and took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry" Tasha apologized and Payton shook her head.

"Here you can take Pierre his car back, I don't need it nomore" she said handing Tasha the keys before walking off to her room slamming the door.

"God please watch over my daughter" Tasha said as she grabbed her coat getting ready to leave.

*a week later*
November 18, 2024

"Payton" Shawn came in her room jumping on her bed with Marco who barked and jumped.

"Happy Birthday Shawn" Payton told him as she kept her eyes closed.

"IM ELEVEN... ARENT YOU HAPPY" he said and Payton smiled.

"Come on kid... you brushed your teeth already" she asked and he nodded his head yes.

"Washed my face and took a shower" he said and she chuckled.

"Well go head in the living room, I'll bring you your gifts kid" she said and he excited jumped off her bed and ran to the living room.

"Goodmorning son" she said as she rubbed her belly as she got of her bed.

"You ain't up today I see" she said to her belly, he'd normally wake up with her.

She walked to the bathroom and brushed her teeth and washed her face. She walked to her closet and grabbed the gifts she got for Shawn.

"Yo kid, here you go" she said as she walked in the living room sitting the bags full of gifts down.

"PAY-PAY" he screamed in excitement as he seen the PS5.

"Wait wait kid.." she stopped feeling dizzy and her stomach started to hurt.

"Pay-Pay... are you ok" Shawn asked her and she nodded.

"Go head and open your stuff" she said and he went over opening his bags.

She started to sweat and breath hard. She didn't wanna worry Shawn so she walked over to the kitchen. She started to feel the baby turning giving her excessive pain.

"Oh god" she said feeling pains, she didn't wanna scream at the pain she was feeling so she bit her lip hard.

"Yo kid... go put your shoes on and hurry" she said and Shawn stood up.

"Pay-Pay... your water broke" he pointed at the water on the floor.

"Ow" she groaned and he rushed upstairs to get his shoes and Payton walked over grabbed her keys.

"Pay-Pay I got the baby bag and your bag are you ready" Shawn asked and Payton was glad to see he was calm and helpful.

"Yes kid" she said as she slowly stood up feeling contractions back to back.

As she walked outside she seen August pulling up. She took deep breaths as August rushed up to her.

"You aight'" he asked and she nodded.

"Yea... my water broke" she told him and walked him to the car. 

"Pay-Pay here's water if you need it" Shawn said as he got in the back seat while August got in.

"No thanks kid" she said as she rubbed her belly and remained calm although her pain was on a 10.

"Payton are you ok" August asked and Payton was taking deep breaths.

"I'm fine... listen when we get here tell them my vitals are low" she told him and he nodded as he sped to the hospital.

"August also.... I'm sorry." She apologized and he looked over at her.

"For what P" he asked as he made a quick left turn.

"F- oh that one hurts. For not being the best babymotha' for you. I know I've been hard to deal with and I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap on you like last week but I'm just tired" she said taking deep breaths.

"It's ok Payton. I love you" he said as he pulled into the hospital.

"I love you too" she said and Shawn smiled like he won some candy.

They got her out the car and headed in. The immediately seduced her into labor without epidural. She laid in the bed with her eyes closed as she took the pain. The machines beeped and August was right there by her side.

"Ms.East are you ready to deliver your baby" her doctor asked as they walked in.

"Yea" she said and August was excited.

"Do we have a name yet" she asked and August looked at Payton.

"You chose Augu- wooo" she was cut off by a contraction.

"You ready to push" she asked as she noticed Payton was dilating more by the second, it was time for her to push or else the baby was going to suffocate.

"Jesus yes" she said biting her lip in pain.

"On three we gonna start getting you to push." She said as they nurses came in the room.

"One...two... three" she said and Payton pushed as hard as she could.

"Almost P, you got this" August told her in her ear.

"August it hurts" she said in pain.

"One...two three" she counted and Payton gave it one hard push screaming to the top of her lungs & the baby came right out.

"Oh that was easy" she said as she carefully got the baby and the nurses assisted her.

"August do you wanna cut the cord" she asked and he cut the cord.

"Why isn't he crying" Payton asked not hearing the baby crying.

She smacked him on the but and he started crying.

"Here you are" she said passing baby to Payton and she held him in her arms as she began to cry.

"Hey mommy's boy" she said as she carefully healed him, August was so happy.

"Daddy's baby boy, your mommas a hero" he said as he moved his soft hair back.

August smiled from ear to ear.

"Payton are you ok" he asked as he noticed she was turning red and she was wheezing.

Payton went flatline and they quickly grabbed the baby so he didn't fall and put him in the tube.

"What's going on" he asked and they talked to each to other.

"Flatline, blood pressure dropping, vitals decreasing, icu immediately" the doctor said as the described what was going on.

"We're losing her" they yelled by applying the AED system to her.

They began to rush around her as the cleaned her and the baby. August was scared, he was escorted out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 3.2K 42
Series in order ā™„ { ā€¢ My Brother Bestfriend } { ā€¢ This Thing Called Life } { ā€¢ This Is Our Life } [ This is the first book of the three book series...
43.7K 1.3K 43
Book series in order ā™„ { ā€¢ My Brother Bestfriend } { ā€¢ This Thing Called Life } { ā€¢ This is Our Life } [ This Thing Called Life is the sequal to My...
28.2K 1.1K 60
"You only live once." This is the overly used excuse that we use every time we make a decision and that's fine because it's true. This also goes with...
15.3K 563 33
Sequel to Bestfriendā€¼ļø Read and enjoy!