hiraeth

By WaterMelonSugarLies

cutting someone completely off from your life is sometimes necessary for your peace, don't feel guilty for i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
IMPORTANT
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
A Continuation?
Chapter 26
The end

Chapter 3

497 13 3
By WaterMelonSugarLies

**** The next morning ****
(11am in the morning)

"Mike get outta bed already, we're going to be late" said Scarlett as she hurried into the bathroom with a plastic ziplock within her hands, containing all her toiletries.

It was finally Saturday, the day Scarlett had awaited for so long, a day out with her sister who she missed terribly over the past six months.
Finally all dressed and ready to leave exited Scarlett from the bathroom in her faded black mom jeans and a plain white collared top, along with a pair of white sneakers.

"Get up already?!?" Shouted Scarlett for her brother still lay in the same position she left him in, the only thing that changed was that now he had his eyes glued on his Nintendo switch.

"Alright alright.. God your acting as if Ariel is actually going to be on time to meet us" replied Mike as he plopped out of bed and made his way lazily towards the bathroom.

"Are y'all ready yet" asked Felicity as she entered the kids room in four inch heels and a black sheath dress.

"Yup! we are" replied Scarlett as her brother approached her,
"Where are we meeting Ariel? She didn't mention anything about a location on our family group chat" asked Mike as he slipped on his old skool Vans.

"We're meeting her at a Starbucks close to her apartment so I guess we should get going" replied Felicity as she looked over to her watch.

***** At Starbucks*****
"When's she going reach?" Asked Scarlett anxiously while her brother sat besides her looking at the menu up on the wall.

"I think I'll get a muffin.. and some of that apple pie they have!" Said Mike with much enthusiasm, "along with some iced coffee?"

"Sure, honey" replied Felicity with a smile which did not last long, her phone buzzed away taking up all her attention. She'd taken these next two months strictly off from work but knowing work, you can't ever leave it. She was a partner at a law firm, (Gulati law) a real estate attorney.

12:30pm
"I'm here I'm here!!" a loud yet soft voice came from the right, it was Ariel. "I'm so so sorry I'm late, I slept in and not to mention It totally slipped my mind we had brunch!" As usual Ariel was late but that wasn't a problem because it didn't matter, as long as the Hasting were together, everything was perfect.

"I see you dyed your hair again" stated Scarlett for her sister's dark brown hair were now a light pastel blue. The siblings chatted away, talking about everything and anything. From Mikes new favourite update on fortnite to Scarlett's trashy SAT score of an 1100 (which surely had not settled well with there father)
Along they chatter till there hearts desired and how could one forget mom and her constant photos. Felicity took over a hundred photos of her kids while at lunch.

"God it's like 2pm.. I seriously am so sorry, I have work" said Ariel with a forced smile plaster over her face, "we'll make another plan or something I promise"

"What? Come on.. just skip it today or something " said Scarlett and Mike for they missed hanging out with there sister.

"Come on guys, we'll make another plan. Ariel just let us know when you're not busy with your summer classes alright" said Felicity as she got up to hug and kiss good bye her eldest.

***In the car***
"Man I wish Ariel didn't have work" said Mike along with a sigh. "I agree" stated Scarlett.

"Oh come on, you guys don't be all bummed out I'm sure we'll make more plans since we are spending your whole summer break here in LA. We'll meet Ariel so much that you'll probably want me to take you guys back to Florida" stated felicity with a laugh.

"Come on, lemme take you guys to Rodeo Drive, I'm sure you can get some of those cute pictures you talk about all the time scar" said Felicity trying to lift the mood "and maybe we can go and check out the walk of fame too? What do yah think mikeyy"

**** driving to Rodeo****

*ring ring* the car blue tooth rang, felicity picked up and who else could it be then kitty,

"Heyy! Where are you right now? Hell scratch that, come over! You remember Riley Gomez from our sorority?! Yeah I told her you're in town and she said she'd love to have us at her restaurant 'the sur'"

"Umm kitty, I'm actually with the kids right now so I don't know, where'd I even drop em-" said Felicity before being cut off by kitty.

"Just bring em over to my place, the boys are home and the house keeper too, trust me they'll have a good time" stated kitty.

The offer was sweet and not to mention meant felicity would get a chance to reconnect with old friends and scar and Mike wouldn't be alone.

"Alright, I'm on my way" replied Felicity as she turned a U-turn.

"Mom.. what about Rodeo?" Scarlett in utter disbelief, for this was going to be her and mikes day out with 'mom' yet clearly not.

"Don't worry the boys are super sweet and you met em the other day so they're around your age and I'm sure they have video games mikey" said Felicity looking towards her son through the rear mirror with a large smile that was now planted over her face.

As the car approached the home or should I say mansion, both kids were left in disbelief for auntie kitty's house was truly a mansion. The red roof shingles along with the white and brown balconies made it almost look like a mansion out of a movie.

"Ironically you being a real estate attorney how have we never been taken to look at such awesome homes back in Florida" asked Scarlett looking at her mom while slight laughter took over her.

"Well maybe because we live in Florida and not LA" replied Felicity as she put the car in park and stepped out. (Followed by her two kids)

"Finally! your here" stated kitty as she walked out those gigantic oak wood doors, between her lips was a cigarette freshly lit. She came and hugged them all and gestured the kids to enter the mansion.

"Come on, don't be shy it's practically your own home, make your self at home" stated aunt kitty as she yelled out for Dorothy her house keeper/ maid,
" this is Dorothy, she'll take care you and feed and shall take care of all your needs" said kitty as she grabbed hold of felicity and made her way out the front door.

" I'll be back by 7" said felicity out loud and making her way quickly towards her 'little monkey' and planted a kiss on mikey's cheek and wave good bye to Scarlett.

••• A moment later •••

"So.. what do you wanna do?" Asked Scarlett looking around the gigantic home.

" I don't know.. mom said there would be video games so.. I guess I'll look around" replied Mike before making his way past Scarlett towards one of the 'family rooms' of the mansion.

"Hey! Wait we can't just go around touching things" said Scarlett as she stopped her brother in his footsteps " we don't live here so like.. I don't know ? It's wrong"

"No, you may make your self at home. I call master Lyle and Erik to join" said Dorothy the house keeper, she was a middle aged Russian woman from what it seemed.

Taking a seat on the rather expensive looking black leather couches the two siblings sat in discomfort for they did not know much of the house they sat in or the people who roamed it. " where do you think the tv is?" Asked Mike looking around

"I don't know ... I don't see one" replied Scarlett looking around.

"Oh it's right in-front actually" said a soft and yet shy voice, it came from behind where the siblings sat.

"Hi, we met the other day. I'm Erik." Said the tall lanky male with chocolate brown curls that fell over his forehead.

"What do you mean in-front? There's just a painting" said Mike pointing at the landscape painting.

"Oh yeah that's just the screen saver" said Erik before grabbing the remote to change the settings.
"It's alright though a lot of my friends get pretty confused about the thing too" said Erik as he handing the remote to Mike.

"Wait!? This is the wall!! This freakin Tv isn't even out yet!?!" Said Mike as the telly turned on.

"Wait what? The wall" said Scarlett looking over to Mike perplexed.

"Yeah the wall! It's Samsung new tv, it's pretty freakin dope" said Mike as he made him self comfortable. Followed by a slight chuckle Erik informed Mike of the PS4 and video game console before excusing him self.

"Yeah so that's pretty much all the games we have so feel free" said Erik to Mike as he made his way towards the stairwell. " I'll be back, just gimme a second, sorry" said Erik in a much shy and quiet tone while looking at Scarlett, making his way up the stairs.

(Okay so I promise the next chapter will have more Erik! It's just I needed to get the story up and going and now that this is done we're about to have some fun!;p)

Also I really appreciate feed back so let me know what u guys think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

627K 31.8K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
1.3M 57K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
601K 18.2K 75
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...