Face your choices, Face your fears

Start from the beginning

Approximately a third of the army was forced to kneel while the others looked at them with confusion. Those who kneeled were desperately trying to rise but they found themselves stuck to the ground. Unable to get their knees off the floor.

Me: All those who have committed murder unjustified, kneel.

A smaller proportion of the Kingdom was forced to kneel this time. But by now, it seems almost every noble was kneeling. The ones still standing looked around in confusion at what was happening.

Me: Those of you who truly believe that the Empire is the enemy, kneel.

This time, an even smaller amount of the people kneeled. This was to be expected as most commoners already saw the nobles as their true enemy. The Empire was just another outside force and nothing more. They had no real reason to hate us, especially so since they had no patriotism towards the Kingdom to begin with.

The soldiers who remained standing numbered at around 150,000 or half of their original numbers remained standing.

Me: I offer you a choice to those who are standing. Drop your spears and join us. I will guarantee your safety within the Empire.

Inside, I hoped not many would take the choice. After all, I was doing this for formality's sake of keeping up our appearances as an Empire which waged war for just reasons. Thankfully, the people's fears were still there.

A few hundred decided to take the risk and come but the rest stayed. It was logical after all, they had family to return to, or perhaps their entire lives were still in the Kingdom. Not many could simple decide that it was not worth it and join another country with nothing. The rest stayed where they were, contemplating or steady. Whatever the reason, time was up.

Me: {Release Control} You are free to move now.

As I released control of their movements, there was great confusion and chaos within the Kingdom's forces as they realized two things. First was who had committed what sin, especially towards the nobles. Next was the overwhelming difference between power between themselves and us.

Me: General fear comes in three forms. I will teach all of you what they are.

Suddenly, flower petals fell from the sky. Each flower was a masterpiece. Beautiful and colorful, softly floating down onto the people below. They waved slightly in the air from the wind before softly landing on the ground.

It was a bizarre scene. What were these flowers doing in a battlefield? Where did they come from, and more importantly, why?

Suddenly, the flowers exploded. Each and every one of them exploded into fire, ice, smoke, and some simply with the aura of death.

Me: Lesson one. Fear of Beauty

The beautiful and perfectly shaped petals continued to fall from the sky. The Kingdom's forces crawled over each other and used others as their shields in order to protect themselves from the harmless looking petals.

Raeven: Retreat! Retreat! Fall back!

He didn't need to say it. The soldiers were already scattering all over the plains but nobody could escape the flowers. They were falling from directly above them, after all. The beauty in which they once trusted would be nothing more than flowers were killing them left and right.

The chaos ensued by I stopped the flower production and instead raised my hand high up. I created a massive rock, the size of the fortress and began to pull it down. The heat from the friction and my own tinkering with the meteorite turned the rock red from the heat.