The Lizardman Part 1

Chapter 91

Connecting the two guilds was initially thought to be impossible without lowering the defenses and risking invasion until I remembered my unique Super Tier Magic: The Bifrost, a spell in which I inherited by slaying Heimdal, I didn't think I would find it's use here but I wasn't one to complain.

Soon, there was a permanent BiFrost, or rather a longer Gate active on the respective 9th Floor of both Society and Nazarick, of course only those with clearance can go through at any time.

We decided to push back Momonga and Albedo's wedding until after all the problems were over as to make sure that their love life wouldn't interfere with the plan. Instead, the Five Elders met up with Demiurge and Albedo and discussed the politics and future of the world.

The main course of what will happen was generally simple, but it was all in the small details of the works that was the marvel in the story. Planning out the course for each and every emerging hero of the story. Individuals whom we have mentioned playing roles that will not diminish the glory they would have had or the punishment they would have had to endure. For example, Clementine was currently our test subject in Impel Down and found the it was possible to cure her of her insanity through pure physical pain. Quite ironic as usually it is the other way around.

Me: Prepare yourself Demiurge, we will have the trial session first before we launch Jaldabaoth into the world. You will need a force strong enough to easily beat them, but not a force so overwhelming that they submit. Choose what you will.

Demiurge: Kara-sama...I request the use of the Reptilian Summons of Nazarick, 3 Elder Liches, and one Mid-rank demon on my quest.

Me: Granted, get Cocytus and inform him of his task. Do not tell him of how you will proceed once it is time...this will be good practice for him as well.

Demiurge: Of course Kara-sama.

Diana: Everything has been placed in formation. It's time for the blind to realize their surroundings. *sigh* Poor fools, they've thrown away their own lives by thy own hand. If only they would have accepted.

POV Zaryusu Shasha, Lizardmen

The Azellisian Mountain Range lay between the former Baharuth Empire and the former Re-Estize Kingdom...now it all belonged to the new Arcanian Empire. Its southern foothills were surrounded by a sprawling forest — the Great Forest of Tob — and there was a huge lake at its northern edge.

This lake was over twenty square kilometers in size, and resembled an inverted gourd. It was divided into the Upper Lake and the Lower Lake. The Upper Lake was very deep, and was home to larger creatures, while the Lower Lake was where the smaller creatures lived.

The southern end of the Lower Lake was surrounded by wetlands, and countless structures had been erected in this large, marshy region. Each of these houses were built in the marsh and supported by about ten stilts each. Among the many stilt-houses, one of them had its doors open, its owner revealed to all under the golden rays of the sun.

I was a member of the demihuman race known as Lizardmen.

Things changed greatly over the last couple of years with the humans outside waging war against each other until a single overwhelming force took over what was the known world, or perceived of it. Until then, we Lizardmen had little to no interactions with humans, but that all changed when they sent ambassadors to the lake.

I remember when we prepared for war against the seemingly endless force, ready to die on our lake until they said that they came in peace. What was offered was a life that we couldn't believe. All demihuman and humanoid races living in harmony. Heteromorphic races and those who're not united under a single banner with no discrimination whatsoever. Initally, we couldn't believe what we were hearing; after all, the scale of the words they said would only come out in stories. After all, why would humans even think of living with us lizardmen, and us vice versa. Reptilians and Humans had enough bad blood and we weren't ready to leave our swamp just yet.