Ramposa Ryle Vaiself III Part 1

Chapter 62

POV third person view, a month later

The meeting was convened within the Valencia Palace of the Re-Estize Kingdom. Gazef Stronoff had been standing motionless beside King Ramposa III, who was seated on his throne. He surveyed the serried ranks of nobles before him, and his eyes widened slightly as he picked out the forms of the Six Great Nobles among them.

The six of them gathered together was a rare occurrence indeed, but the event in which the need was called dwarfed the fact that all 6 had gathered.

The heads of these six families controlled almost as much land as the King, and between them their military power surpassed that of the King himself. Because of this, they frequently found reasons to excuse themselves from the King's summons. This was especially true for the leader of the anti-royalty faction ― the Noble faction ― Marquis Bowlorobe, who did not even bother to hide his disdain for the King. It was bad enough that for a while, people thought the Kingdom might fall apart from within. The core of the Kingdom's corruption...and one of the nobles who had sent their troops to try and assassinate Gazef.

Next, Gazef's eyes went to the King's three children.

The most eye-catching of them all was the King's third daughter, the "Golden Princess", Renner Theiere Chardelon Ryle Vaiself. Her innocent demeanor and mind yet sharp intellect was a gift from above for the people of the Kingdom along with Gazef.

After that was his second son, the Second Prince, Zanack Valurean Igana Ryle Vaiself. During the rebellion, he had earned much praise when he had followed the King in deploying for the sake of the people. While he may not look the part, he was still superior in intellect to that of the King's first son by a long shot.

Last was the eldest son, the First Prince Barbro Andrean Ield Ryle Vaiself. He had a strong body and a neatly trimmed haircut, and he was the man who Marquis Bowlorobe was trying to place on the throne. Presumably, Bowlorobe was in attendance for this court session at Barbro's own request. This was due to the fact that Prince Barbro was like that of a puppet. Easy to manipulate and use, exactly how the noble faction wants their King.

Any meeting attended by Marquis Bowlorobe of the Noble Faction was sure to be an intense one. Gazef averted his eyes from the heavy atmosphere, which seemed to loom overhead like gathering stormclouds, and looked at the rest of the nobles. The fights between the Noble and Royal factions would surely echo beyond this hall and into the Kingdom outside.

Of the three men present, who belonged to the Royal faction, the first to catch Gazef's eye was Marquis Brumerush, the most luxuriously dressed person in the court. This nobleman with handsome features was approaching his forties. His domain contained gold and mithril mines, whose bounty of precious metals made him the wealthiest man in the Kingdom. However, dark whispers circulated that he was extremely greedy, to the point where he would even betray his own family for a gold coin.