The Lizardman Part 3

Chapter 93

POV Shasayuru, Chief of the Green Claw tribe of the Lizardmen

Location: Katze , the New Capital of the Arcanian Empire

Me: Please! You've got to let me see the Emperors! We need an audience! For all of Lizardmen kind!

The government building was manned by an unspeakable amount of elder liches and other intelligent creatures who seemed to be working at a great pace. Messages through magic were cast so often that there was a device made just to preserve the mana used from sending messages across the vast empire.

Elder Lich: Chief of the Green claw Tribe of the Lizardmen, please follow me. Your message has been heard.

Me: Am I meeting the emperors?

Suddenly, the already-twisted face of the elder lich twisted even more, as if in disgust by my words before saying to me.

Elder Lich: You will be granted an audience with Unartan-sama, the head lich of this city. He holds great administrative power in the Empire. Below only those who reside in the holy land. That is the highest you will be reaching without your citizenship or ally status...foreigner

With that, the door opened to what I would call a humble office. Usually, village chiefs tried to decorate their huts with trophies and other materials that would highlight their accomplishments and push their ego, but apparently not this lich. It was a simple light blue office that was a little larger than normal. The window was open but the shade was drawn to prohibit direct sunlight from reaching anywhere in the room.

For any personal enjoyment, all there was a single drawing of what I imaged to be him and one of those Guardians from the Holy Land. Other than that, there were only stacks and stacks of paper.

A surreal sight greeted me as pens and brushes floated on their own as well as the papers. checking, signing, and delivering to the next pile of paper all while the casual looking lich relaxed with his eyes closed. Probably working his magic.

Unartan: Good afternoon Chief, I have heard the basic reasoning of why you came here today. Let us skip the pleasantries and get down to business. After all, both of us are not people with time to spare.

Me: Of...of course!

When the lich's eyes opened, all I saw was pure black. Different from the other liches whose eyes either seemed out of focus or pure white as if they did not have pupils. This one radiated power. Was it a higher form of an elder lich?