Traps Traps and Revenge

Chapter 48

Me: So you're telling me that there is no team called 'Foresight' from the Workers coming to invade our temple.

Doppelgänger: Yes. The team 'Foresight' with the member 'Arche' has not been recruited for this mission.

Diana: Perhaps it's still too early then. But that bastard with the elf slaves are there though?

Doppelgänger: Yes. A level 15 Swordsman who is calling himself a genius has 2 female elven slaves has been recruited.

Diana: Good. Personally I'd like him to die at Jimbei's hands but we've got to do with whatever we have.

POV Zesshi

The people here had the weirdest

Me: I thought we are going to Cresent Lake? To the land of the Elves

This was ridiculous. Is he not following orders?

Kuma: It seems you have not understood her intent. Even if you go to the Elven Lands, what will you do. Do you think they will let you be their queen just because? We hit the Slane Theocracy's crucial points before leading them back home. We bring you to the Lake a hero.

Me: I can bring down the entirety of the Theocracy and father alone. Why do I need to go through all of this? Can't I just free the slaves right after?

Kuma: When you put out a fire, you cannot just dump water on it and hope it is out. The seeds of fire buried deep in the ashes can grow again. You need to choke it, cut off the air supply to kill it once and for all.

Me: Stop speaking in riddles.

Kuma: They'll stay dead this way.

Me: See? So much simpler

I didn't understand the haven. A place filled with enough power to make the Gods look weak, not to mention the 2 queens themselves...though they don't like being called that. Then there are all of these warriors who studied. When did they even have time or the will to learn all this stuff?

I thought strong people would be dumb but I guess not in that place.

(Author Note: I read 'God Rising' by ABD so I am going to use the names he gave the cities of the Theocracy)

Kuma: You are going to go around the Theocracy and break their camps and burn their supplies. Call the elves to rebellion and return home a hero.

That...was quite simple.

Me: So when are we arriving?

Kuma: Wheaton, in 1 hour. When we arrive, don't try and talk. Just yell out your name and purpose before you free the elves.

My people...my people who I didn't even know were suffering. Of course I will free them. The more I thought about it, the more I got mad.

I knew the Theocracy had Elven Slaves, but I reasoned it with the fact that they were at war. I also knew that some human nations had human slaves. So what was the deal? But to have them treat them as nothing but cattle...not as war slaves but as an inferior life form.

As my rage burned once more, Kuma was there next to me.

Kuma: Keep your emotions in check Zetsumi. Your head needs to be clear if you don't want to be seen as a monster yourself by your people.

That reminded me, this guy was strong.

Me: Alright. Thanks for reminding me but...when this is all over, do you mind fucking me?