Face your choices, Face your fears

Chapter 74

Me: *Widen Magic* *Mental Immunity-Group*

As I cast the spell over hundreds of thousands of soldiers upon the fortress, I sensed the relief of the soldiers as they found courage in themselves. I knew what they were about to witness was carnage in the very least. These were precious citizens of the Empire, I didn't want them going home with PTSD or anything worse. This would help them not be influenced by whatever they see today.

Me: *Widen Magic* *Domain*

Domain was an improved or awakened version of the Ope Ope No Mi's 'Room'. Much of the limitations were removed and now, it truly lived up to the name of my 'domain'. When the veil enveloped everything in the vicinity...and I mean the entire plains and even E-Rantel, I felt confident.

Diana: You didn't use Dimensional Lock?

Me: Nah, then others can't see what's going inside. I could sense the Holy Kingdom wants to see what's happening. I'm going to let them witness it all.

That was our goal after all.

Far out into the plains where the negotiations were taking place, we saw our team exit the tent, followed by the Kingdom's; more accurately, it was Gazef and the nobles dragging out an unconscious King.

Me: Without their King, the decision to attack or not lies on Raeven's shoulders.

Diana: No matter, he already knows what he has to do. Assuming he read the instructions of course.

The trio teleported right in front of me and bowed.

Me: Good job out there all of you. Say, can I begin?

5: Anytime Kara-sama. The damage was done. Any more or less will not make a difference.

Me: Good, then I shall begin.

I called upon my authority in this world and my job class as an evangelist. I felt my Command Mantra itching as I began to speak towards the Kingdom. While any other voice would have faltered, the wind carried and amplified my voice far and wide.

Me: People of the Kingdom. Hear me and listen for what I say is your salvation. Your King and Nobles have refused my offer of accepting your surrender and decided to wage war. But tell me, people of the Kingdom. Who dies when we fight?

I paused for a dramatic effect before continuing.

Me: Is it not old men that declare war but the young that fight. Is it not the nobles who argue while the commoners die? Tell me, who from your Kingdom benefits from this war?

I could see confusion sweeping the lines as they realized I was right. They were brought here by force. The choice they had was either death or joining the army. Especially in this critical time, they were separated from their family to die fro a cause they didn't care for. After all, what has the Kingdom ever done for them?

Me: You fight for a cause you do not care for. Yet you were forced to fight...to die for a Kingdom that has robbed you. The nobles have abused their authority, the Royal family has proven that they are incapable of properly ruling you. We, on the other hand, have come to free you. Free you from the burden, free you from certain death.

Once again, the people of the Kingdom listened despite the yelling of the nobles on their horses. This was what they wanted to hear after all.

Me: Those who are worthy shall join our Empire while others will die. All those who have stolen and robbed others when you need not so, kneel.