Gazef Part 1

Chapter 60

Crocodile: ~and thus I believe it is a good idea to provoke the Kingdom now.

Me: Right after we do so, enact the next step. We can't let the people of the Kingdom be angry at us. They need to stay mad at the nobles and the ruling class.

Diana: And how do you plan on doing that?

Me: Manipulate the nobles to try and kill the people's hero.

POV Hilma

I was eaten alive by cockroaches...again and again and again and again. They wouldn't let me die and always healed me back up before they ate me again. I could feel the roaches eating my eyes, my insides, my skin and even my bones. Right before I lost myself to nothing they would heal me.

I'm sure I died but I would find myself awake again and in that room. I begged for mercy, I begged 'them' to forgive me but they never heard me. Only the roaches did...but they only heard the sound of their food.

How long I was in there, I can't remember. If every moment is a moment of pain, wouldn't you try and just lose yourself in order to forget the pain? It never worked. Whatever healed me also healed my mind. I felt every bite, every drop of blood and every roach.

Until...I woke.

I found myself sitting in a chair and then I realized I was in an illusion. Living a fake moment that had tortured me for so long.

Black Monarch: I believe that was a month in the Black Capsule for you, but for us, it was 30 seconds. Would you like another try?

I threw myself to the ground and begged her. I drooled and pressed my face upon the floor for her to forgive my crimes. This time, I did not return to the black room.

Black Monarch: We have a task for you. We need you to contact some of the nobles in the Kingdom you see?

POV Gazef

Without the sacred treasures of the Kingdom, my men and I were sent out to protect our Kingdom from harm. I wasn't getting a good feeling from this.

After all, a few hours ago...