Meeting An Old friend

Chapter 1: (EDITED, REWRITTEN)

You might be confused by the intro (prologue) but I assure you that this is an Overlord (you know, Ainz Ool Gown) fanfiction. The intro is merely setting the stage of our MCs passing from one life to another).

Being burned to death, revived, ripped to shreds, revived, beamed to death, revived, and...well...you get the idea. It sucks.

The million dollar question, however, would be if I would do all of this again should I be in the same question? My answer each time would be a yes.

Becoming a symbol of Justice in a world such as One Piece required such will and being praised as a god(dess) for over 4,000 years have only strengthened by desire and will to protect them and our values to my last breath.

My death only proved my point...though it also proved that despite my godly powers I was nothing more than a mortal in the end. Despite my regenerative properties and the resurrections, I was still flesh and blood unlike the cosmic invaders.

Ancients. Titans. Called my many names throughout the cosmos in which we were so foolishly unaware of until their invasion. Feeding off of the life-force to continue their immortal existence. Their numbers? Simply too many.

My sister and myself did a number on their numbers before going down but in the end it wasn't enough. Fire that should have incinerated them simply burned them. Blades that should have decapitated them left a cut. Energy which should have atomized them simply stung them and force which should have crushed them merely bruised them.

The distance between mortal and immortal was simply far too much. Our strength should have been enough but an unspeakable barrier stopped us from ever harming more. As if the universe itself was stopping us. 

Perhaps this was for the best after all. We did manage to ensure that our people would live on and those Titans would probably never return along with our sacrifice...but we were dead. Dead as we could be.

Floating in the darkness with nothing but my mind, I remembered what it was like to be powerless like a baby. Completely weak, incapable of doing anything by themselves.

Me: *sigh* Perhaps I should have indulged in more services?

I was tired. Too tired to do much anymore. For so long I have led the world to greatness...but a mortal mind could only handle so much before things get dull and the mind demands rest. I still wished for justice, equality, and power...but at the same time I wished for comfort. To be spoiled like I once had in the very beginning. Spoiled by my sister, my father, and my nakamas before we became living gods and our lives were taken away from us with the responsibility that came with them.

I let my mind roll back into the darkness as I embraced it's calmness. To finally rest in peace after the long conflict.

...

...

...

??: Hey, Kara, wake up

...

??: Fine, I'll poke you until you wake up then.

*poke* *poke*

Me: *annoyed*

*poke* *poke*

My mind pulled itself out of the darkness as it registered the familiar ball of light of...well... double question marks.