Chapter 18 - The original witch causing trouble

-//- Sara’s pov -//-

“So Alaric is trying to pull himself together? Why is that a bad thing?” Caroline asked curiously staring over at Elena.

Elena shrugged her shoulders “Just I wish there was something I could do…” I nodded in slight agreement as I grabbed a hold of a chandelier “Where do you want me to hang this thing?” I questioned Caroline turning to her.

She looked at it before snapping “You know what? If Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrosity, she should have shown up to do it herself!” She grabbed the chandelier off of me handing it to someone else, her face contorted into disgust as she groaned “Just no” I laughed along with Elena as Caroline shook her head.

“What are you doing? You can't just hang them. They're supposed to trickle down” Caroline cried out to Jeremy and Matt, I laughed softly “Look at them all bromancey”

Elena nodded her head “Yeah, I asked Matt to help Jeremy readjust. He got him his old job back at the grill” Caroline glanced at her “That was nice of him” Elena nodded her head again “Mm-hmm. Jeremy's got a lot on his mind. The whole thing with Alaric has got him really stressed out”

Caroline twisted a strand of her hair in her hand “You sure it had nothing to do with witnessing you and Damon getting hot and heavy in a skeevy motel?” Elena’s eyes flickered to the ground as she gave a small groan “I didn't tell you that so you could torture me with it”

I laughed patting her shoulder “Ah, what are friends for?” I smirked as she scowled at me before deciding to change the subject “So who you bringing to the dance?”

“What do you mean? I thought you, Bonnie, Care and I was going as girl dates” Elena queried tilting her head. Caroline shook her head as she leant against a table “Bonnie has a date and Sara is taking Kyle

Elena frowned, her bottom lip jutting out “What?”

I shrugged my shoulders “Yeah Kyle needs to get out of the house and Rebekah has got her eye on him, and that shall not be happening since the bitch almost killed me!” Elena nodded her head in understanding “What about Bonnie?”

Caroline ran a hand through her hair “Jamie called and wanted to see her, so she asked him. So here's a thought. Why don't you ask Stefan?” Elena pouted slightly sighing with a shake of her head “I... I can't ask him on a date. I just made out with his brother”

“All the more reason, like, you're supposed to be figuring out what you want. That's what Stefan wanted you to do, right?” Caroline retorted Elena scowled slightly “Yeah, but...” Caroline snorted rolling her eyes “But nothing. I've watched "The Bachelor". Ok, fair is fair. It is Stefan's turn”

Elena laughed lightly “Yeah, and you're not biased or anything” I smirked listening to them deciding not to add into the conversation. Caroline sighed placing her hands on her hips “I'm sorry, but Stefan is your epic love. And I'm not going down without a fight”

~

-//- Third person -//-

Matt laughed along with Caroline he shook his head slightly looking around the room a frown made its way onto his face “What's he doing here?” Caroline followed his gaze a small gasp passing her lips without a word to Matt she walked over to him grabbing hold of his arm “Are you crazy? If Klaus sees you...”

Tyler rolled his eyes “What's he gonna do? Draw you another picture?” Caroline scowled at him “Tyler, this isn't a joke” Tyler sighed softly rubbing her arm “I could pretend I'm sired if I have to. But I'm not gonna hide while he's macking all over Sara and using you to get a reaction out of her…