𝒙𝒍𝒗. festivities

𝒓𝒚𝒂𝒏'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘
& 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒎 𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒕

𝒓𝒚𝒂𝒏'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘& 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒎 𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒕

    "TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE Christmas,when all through the house

when all through the house. Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse." Grandpa Jack read from the children's book he held in his hands. His reading glasses rested upon his nose before he pushed them up with his index finger. "The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, In hopes that St. Nicholas will soon be there."

River interrupted, "We ain't got no chimney-" All of us who sat in front of our grandfather on the floor shushed the boy, causing him to scoff.

"The children were nestled all snug in their beds, While visions of sugar-plums dance in their heads. And mamma in her kerchief, and I in my cap,"

My eyes darted to his fingers that flipped to the next page, he cleared his throat. "Away to the window I flew like a flash, Tore open the stutters and threw up the sash,"

This is a Christmas tradition that I've always enjoyed. Sitting around the recliner with my siblings and cousins, listening to the 2 stories our grandpa Jack always reads to us every Christmas Eve. Which consists of 'Twas The Night Before Christmas and The Birth of Jesus ( aka Luke 2 : 1-20 ) He's already read us Luke 2 : 1-20 however. It took him about 20 minutes, but I didn't mind it at all. I've heard the verses over in over in all of my 17 years of living by him and it's something I'll never get tired of.

"The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow,
Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below, When,
what to my wondering eyes should appear, But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer."

Ruby sucked on her pacifier as she sat in my lap. Her large eyes that were glowing from the tiny Christmas tree lights widened. You could tell she was really getting into the story.

He flipped another page, "With a little old driver, so lively and so quick, I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick, More rapid than eagles his coursers they came, And he whistled, and shouted, and call them by name:"