𝒊. pools of honey

𝒓𝒚𝒂𝒏'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘

      THE SEASON OF FALL rapidly surrounded the Darr Family Farms

THE SEASON OF FALL rapidly surrounded the Darr Family Farms. The yellow sun cascaded it's rays through the Concession Stand windows, as I just stood there, waiting for more customers to arrive. Today, the second Saturday in October, was more slow than usual. Which was odd considering the farm was always packed on Saturdays. It doesn't bother me much though, as I'm going to get paid anyways.

My grandfather, Jack Darr, owns Darr Family Farms. It's one of those generation passed down things, I guess. His father owned it, passed it down to him, and once he passes it will go to my father. It's quite a popular place considering it's one of the only pumpkin patches in the Southern California area. But, sadly, I am already stuck working here for my first job.

I started working at the farms almost over a year ago. They worked me up from little jobs like cleaning the bathrooms, up into working the Concession Stand. I work the closing shift, though, which is the slowest time of day, really.

I watched my sister rock in a rocking chair, her eyes glued to the ground. You could tell she is just as bored as I am. The sun rays shined down upon her greenish brown eyes, making her cover them with her left hand. I laughed a little. A extended groan left her mouth as she continued to rock.

"You would think people would be coming in today, right?" Margot questioned, putting her hair behind her ear. I nodded. "It's a Saturday, so yeah."

With her loud and social personality, she liked working here. She loved seeing all the children running around, picking their pumpkins, and just overall having a wonderful time. I don't mind seeing it, as well. However, I would much rather be out on my Saturdays and enjoying it instead of working. We're two years apart, yet we still have a lot of differences.

Margot has always walked tall and confident. She definitely didn't get that from me growing up. Of course, I would always tell her she was beautiful. Her long honey hair, and with her gorgeous orbes, she could intimidate anyone who walked her way. But, our mother would always tell me younger sisters want to do whatever their older sister did. She was not fibbing either. I didn't mind it, though. Having a best friend, who was also related to you, had its perks.