𝒙𝒍𝒊𝒊𝒊. mistletoe

𝒓𝒚𝒂𝒏'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘

    "MOVE, BITCH

    "MOVE, BITCH. THESE are heavy." A fiddling Daniel joked, almost dropping two of the wrapped Christmas presents he had stacked in his hands. Behind him, holding a couple gift bags, was Mariah. I opened the front door a few inches so she could be let inside. "Merry Almost-Christmas, my wife."

The two of them arriving around the same time resulted in me smirking a bit, but not enough for them to see. They also matched almost, with their dark denim jeans and vivid tan shirts upon their upper torsos. Mariah's had a bit more detail and Daniel wore a flannel over his, that I can say. I don't know if it was intentional, but I personally think it's adorable on them.

I watched Daniel head into the living room to our left, placing each of his gifts for God-knows who beneath the large Christmas tree. A hundred presents it seems like was already planted under it due to everyone at the party.

Today, Tuesday December 22nd, is the Darr Family's annual Christmas party. We've hosted it for as long as I can remember, other than the single
year my grandparents did. This gathering however is for family and friends. My mother and father usually throw it a couple days before Christmas Eve, so on the actual day we can be with family strictly.

Our informal "guest-list" always consists of my siblings and I's friends, our parent's friends, and of course my other family members. Such as my grandparents, aunt, cousins, you get the idea.

This is the first year I've invited more people other than Daniel, Mariah, and Ivy. To be specific, I invited Louis and his family.

To say I'm anxious for their arrival is an understatement. All day I've been helping my mother clean the house, take care of my younger siblings, and getting ready mostly. I'm making more than sure to make a good first impression meeting Louis' mother and sister.

Issie and his father would be coming as well, but they decided to stay in London due to work and other personal things. Which is completely okay.