𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞

CHAPTER THIRTY: 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐏𝐔𝐓𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐆𝐎𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐎𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄?!

▬▬▬❦▬▬▬

     Draco and I arrived back inside the castle, which is now more crowded than earlier. Beauxbatons and Durmstang students were walking around in small groups.

    "Where the hell are they?" I asked as we walked around the castle. We've been walking around for 10 minutes now and all we've got is some stares from other students.

   "That's odd, they're usually hanging out in the common room or the Great Hall." Draco frowned as we sat on the hall stairs to rest for a bit.

  "Are you sure it isn't anyone's birthday today? It couldn't be them surprising you because your birthday is on June, it couldn't be Daphne's either-" I mumbled but I was cut off.

   "You know my birthday?" Draco turned to me, a hint of surprise on his face.

  "Of course, now as I was saying, where could they possibly be because this couldn't be a birthday surprise." I crossed my arms as I stared into the distance.

  "What do you mean by surprise?" Draco looked at me with confusion.

   "Uh, in the muggle world, when it's a friend's birthday, we usually surprise them countless times. We could even put on an act, like being kidnapped and such." I grinned.

   "Kidnapped?" Draco frowned even more, making me laugh.

  "Relax, it's just an act. How do you celebrate your birthday anyway?" I asked, looking at him.

   "My birthday? My mother would make me a cake, and we would open some gifts." Draco shrugged.

   I felt bad for him, if he celebrates his birthdays without friends, then I'm sure as hell lucky. Thank goodness, we have Cissy.

    "I'll give you your birthday gift next year, remind me." I wiggled my eyebrows while Draco just laughed softly.

   "There's no need, Jills. Besides, my father can afford many, uh, things." Draco cleared his throat.

   "Your mother, she's wonderful, isn't she?" I changed the subject due to the awkward tension that was forming.

   "Very. How'd you know her, by the way?" Draco asked me while we stared at the passing students.

   "I've..seen her. And I thought, she's beautiful. Really! The first time I saw her she looked so graceful, and I immediately knew she's a wonderful woman." I said, half-lying.

   "You're right, she's the only woman I would love.  All these things she's done for me, I would do everything to keep her happy." Draco looked down at his shoes.