Marie

🦋

🦋

I was Laughing to myself that Gio sent me back an 'you ain't shit' message, when A customer coughed to get my attention

"Can I get 4 on pump 2" she said with an attitude.
I took her five giving her a dollar back in change. "Have a nice day." I smiled softly at her.
"Mhm" She walked away.
Rolling my eyes I went to TikTok on my phone, just entertaining myself because this stank ass job damn sure didn't. I just thank god I didn't have to close tonight, shit is annoying as fuck.
An hour went by, as I surfed deeper into the tik tok world... it truly was addictive; when I heard the ding to the store door go off.
"Welcome to... Gio" I smiled big seeing he had an Ihop bag in his hand.
"You said you missed me aint it?" He cheesed walking over to the counter.
"I ain't say shit like that" I sucked my teeth reaching into the bag.
"Damn girl, you know how to hurt a Nigga"
"Shut up big head, whats mine" I said hungrily.
Grabbing out a waffle Gio Snatched it from me.
"Uh uh gurl, this mine!" His face was all serious.
"So you aint bring me shit nigga?"
"Of course I did, here" he reached in the bag grabbing a bacon egg and cheese biscuit with three pancakes an A large sweet tea.
"Awee shit, thank you!" I said opening the wrapper to the biscuit.
"No problem." He smiled at me almost catching me completely off guard.
Gios hoe ass.
Smiling to myself he looked at me confused.
"What?" He asked.
"Nothing."
Shaking his head he bit into his waffle stuffing his face.
"Your damn home girl funny as fuck."
"Who ?" I asked.
"Angel... her ass cussed the damn Social worker out! Told her she needa be off tha' case an all!"
"As she should, shit!" I chewed. "That bitch should have did better research! The state too! Shit if I was Trent I would sue all they asses! To be a lawyer an rape a child in the system is so damn disgusting!"
"Word " Gio shook his head "I almost thought Angel was gunna hit her ass, know she a lil hot head."
I laughed coughing on my food. "On my momma."
The door rung and In walked a tall nigga from around the way I knew.
" 'cuse me" he walked passed Gio by the end of the counter coming up to the register, meeting me there.
"Sup Marie" he flashed his grill.
"Hey Flex, whats up." I said back.
"Aint shit, you still looking good..." he smirked.
"I try" I smiled.
"Shit'uh lemme get 20 on Pump 10 beautiful." He handed me a $100 bill.
"Gotchu"
Doing a little cash exchange, I reached for his change handing it to him.
"Nah Keep it, see you round." He turned on his heels walking smoothly to the pumps.
Walking back down the counter to Gio I realize he looked annoyed as fuck.
"You know him?" He spat out quickly.
My eyes adverted to Flex pumping his gas, then back to Gio confused.
"What you mean?"
"You know what I Mean, do you know him?!" He asked again.
Thinking about it for a second then sighing I put my half of a biscuit back down.
"Gio what does it matter? You do you all the time" picking my biscuit back up i took a bite.
He did a sarcastic chuckled putting his waffle down.
"What the fuck does that mean you still fucking  other niggas?" He raised his brow at me leaning over the counter, both hands on either side of him; balled up into fist.  He got in my face waiting for an answer.
I wasn't fucking with no one else surprisingly in the last week but what the fuck... I know he is so what would it matter if I did?
" Gio that wouldn't matter..."
"Marie!" He stood up straight.
Rolling my eyes I mimicked his poster.
"What?! You fucking other bitches ain't it !" I yelled. Calming down I picked my food up biting into my biscuit. "Lets just eat our breakfast an keep shit cute!"
Gio just shook his head at me sucking his teeth.
"Whatever." He said before walking out the store without even a goodbye.
My jaw literally dropped.
'My heart' I thought instantly getting sad an wanting to cry.
"He cant be seriously mad right now"  I mumbled to myself, seeing another customer approach.

•••••

4:47 p.m

Pulling into Trents nice neighborhood I turned my music down.
His house wasn't to far deep into the neighborhood so I parked next to his house in no time.
Getting out I made my way to his front door Ringing the door bell.
"Yeah?" A little voice answered.
"Marie"
"Oh"
Trents little brother Rell opened the door smiling.
"Hey!" I gave his a handshake.
"MARIEEE!!" Keisha yelled coming from round the corner.
"Hey baby girl!" I squatted down picking her up into a hug. We walked around to the living room like that as she talked about whatever in my ear.

You know kids, chat ya'damn ear off.

"My best bitch How are you?!" I smiled at her sitting on the other side On her.
Kalani was sleep on her lap, her hair covering her face.
"Girll! I feel fantastic, ima have to do some therapy for like a Month i should be good for sure after that."
"Mhmm"
Angel smiled at me looking at the badge slipping from under my sleeve on my arm.
"What happened Em?" She asked.
I fixed it smiling.
Trent Seriously doesn't want Angel to know what specifically happened that night.
We dont even know how he killed them, didnt ask just left shit where it was.
"I got burned with the damn Wand curler."
"Aha damn Bitch" she laughed.
"Anyways, where Trent?"
"In his room looking for some old game he use to play... ion know" she laughed.
"Well Anyways real quick, i think Gio mad at me..."
"Why?" She asked.
"Hell if I know, he thinks I'm fucking other people, i didn't tell him i wasn't but what the fuck does that matter?"

"Mhm,  for real, his hoe ass."

"Exactly!, an it ain't like we been talking seriously long, just like a damn week , maybe a couple days. Ion know!"

Angel laughed at me throwing her head back.
"Bitch Shut up!"

"For real! I like Gio, a lot, but If you gunna do you ima do me period."
"On my momma."
Angel watched my face for a second smiling.
"Mhm mhm Yall falling for each other for real" she smiled shaking her head. "I see you girl"
"Shut up!" I laughed. "I missed your ass!"
"Girl I missed you too, thanks for helping me keep up with my school work."
"Girl, dont thank me"
Angel looked at the kids playing in front of the fire place, then back to me.
"Gio and Marie sitting in a tree-"
"Oh my god really"
"K i s s i n g -".