Chapter XXXII: Down to Business

Start from the beginning

So, I angrily trudged down the hallway. Stomped down the stairs, and made my way toward Angel's office. I knew for sure that, Angel, would have lots of alcohol in there.

As I approached the door, I broke out into a run. This house was creepy, and it was getting super dark outside. It wasn't like I had the lights on, and if I do try to turn the lights on, they will be very difficult to find.

A cold breeze brushed past my arm, causing me to shiver involuntarily. I was now standing in front of the office door, breathing heavy, with my hand now on the doorknob.

I turned the knob to push the door open. I was welcomed by a cool gust of wind, being as though it was early April, and I didn't know how to work the heat.

My hands instantly shot up to hold my shoulders, as I rubbed up and down my arms trying to create my own heat. I only had on a white cami, and white ribbed leggings. It was terribly chilly throughout the house, and I was walking around here without the appropriate clothes on.

Immediately, as soon as I opened the door my nose was bombarded with the strong scent of Angel. The earthy citrus and woody smell sent tingles throughout my entire body. The scent engulfed me completely, and it felt as if Angel were here himself.

I stepped through the threshold, and observed the dark office.

As always, the theme of the room was black and white. A black desk and chair, black bookcase, black lounge chairs, white decor, dark bamboo floors, and an frameless window wall that allowed me to view the setting sun. I looked down at the impeccable landscaping that consumed a vast amount of the backyard.

I noticed the garden walkway, which was paved in dark gray stone. The garden was modern looking, expensive looking plant holders here and there, expensive furniture just sitting out, everything just looked expensive.

After becoming uninterested with the landscaping, I went back to looking for the alcohol. As soon as I had the thought, my attention was drawn to the bar cabinet.

Angel only drinks hard liquor, so imagine my disappointment when I noticed all the drinks I didn't like. Brandy, whiskey and vodka. If I had any one of these I would be jacked up. What do you mix them with?

I looked around the bar cabinet, finding nothing to mix the drinks with. It's either run back to the room sober, or pass out in this office.

I contemplated for about three seconds before I decided that I was going to pass out in this office. I'll be damned if I'm awake in this creepy ass house all night.

So I grabbed the vodka, and moseyed my behind to the chair. The one that spins, of course.

I placed the bottle on top of Angel's desk, and pulled the chair out to sit in it.

When my butt was in the chair, a weird buzzing sound started playing. It sounded like feedback from a microphone. Then next thing you know, his booming voice came echoing throughout the room.

" What are you doing in there?" He asked me. I could hear a shuffling noise in the background. The faint voices of others could be heard as well.

I looked around the room, a little spooked that Angel was suddenly speaking to me. I mean, it came from nowhere and it's bad enough that this house is already scary. Were there cameras in here? And if so, where?