Chapter XXII: Love Locked Down

Dante POV

I sat in the lounge. Awaiting Donnie's arrival. The past few days have been tolerable, whereas the week before had been a living hell.

You know being kidnapped and all. But, Donnie has really comforted me. He made me feel safe and he didn't give me any reason to be afraid of him.

Unlike somebody I know, he didn't keep me locked up in a room. He let me roam freely around his estate. His father, Adore, he's been understanding and he let me eat all the junk I wanted.

I didn't get sick of seeing Donnie's face. I didn't get upset when he was in my presence. Hell, I didn't even put up a wall like I do when I'm with Angel.

If I were to put them next to each other, you could see that between their looks and their personalities, they were completely different.

I'm not so sure why I was even comparing them together.

" I got the fudge." Donnie said, pulling me out of my thoughts and stepping into the room.

Since I was staring down at one of the books from the library, I didn't really notice him come into the room.

I turned around to look at him. He walked up behind me and held up a cold stone bag.

" I have the fudge." He said again, this time as if he was scared of something I was going to say.

" I hope you got what I asked for." I teased him, as he placed the bag in my lap and sat down beside me.

Opening the bag I stuck my hand into the cold mess, pulling out a container that held the contents of my Oreo fudge.

" Ohmygawdohmygawdohmygawd." I said excitedly, jumping up and down in my seat.

Chuckling, Donnie watched me bounce around like a kid on crack. Telling me to calm down before I broke something.

" Oh my gawd, Don-Don, I can't even remember the last time I had this.-" I started before he cut in and said,
" Then how could you remember to tell me what kind you wanted?" A smirk placed itself on his face as he stared down at me.

His piercing blue eyes glaring into my own as if I was the television.

Gulping, I nervously looked away. Fiddling with the container of icecream in my hand.

At this moment, Donnie was uncomfortably close to me. His arm hanging loose behind my head as it rested at the back of the couch.

His hot breath cascading down my neck, like a hot breeze of wind.

I couldn't stop swooning over the strong scent of his cologne. It was intoxicating just to be as close as I was to him already.

Dreamily, my eyes roamed down to his lips. It was almost impossible not to be attracted to this man. How could I not be?

His lips were as pink as the roses and as plump as ever. (Weird metaphor). They looked so kissable and warm.

Once again, I found myself staring into his eyes. They twinkled and began to resemble that of a blue diamond. They were undeniably pretty. And I know how I am about eyes and smiles.

Oh god, don't even get me started on this mans smile.

He stared deep into my orbs, his eyes wavering as the sea itself. It wasn't too long before he began to close in on me.