Chapter XXXII: Down to Business

Start from the beginning

Everything seemed so...cliche.

From the organization whose name seemed terribly ridiculous. To the mysterious Miss Seri.

This seemed like misleading information to me, but does Angel notice any red flags as he gets closer to the truth?

I sighed yet again. This time turning my body off of the bed to sit up.

Angel was out at the moment, and like every time he was out I was left alone. The house was eerily quiet, and because it was so big I was creeped out. I barely left the room we slept in.

If I hadn't learned my lesson, I would be trying to leave right now. But, I figure it was time I sit my behind down and give up escaping. No good ever came from it, and Angel would always find me in the end. So what was the point? I've began to realize that my life would never be the same, "post-angel", and I would forever be tied to this man no matter what I do.

A sigh left my lips, and I rolled my eyes.

Yes, my days of running are over.

Just let go and let God.

He'll show me the way.
...
Goodness, I'm so bored.

Angel has been gone for two days now, he didn't tell me much when he left so I don't know when he'll be back. All I know is that I'm missing being under 24-hour surveillance.

Where was Vito, Bobby and Chase? I had no phone to connect to the outside world, there are no tv's in this house, and no computers. It was like living in the stone ages. Angel lived like an cave man.

I swear the only thing that entertained this man was his guns, and who he would use them on.

Yet, I found myself constantly thinking about him. That man who gives me the butterflies.

It felt like my feelings for him were so backwards, but weren't his feelings for me the same?

He would threaten to kill me one moment, then he'll tell me he loves me in another. And, what was all that he was talking about the other day?

Kidnapping me was supposed to be easy?

He thought he would get all the answers from me?

I'm still confused about day one, when I first met Angel at that interview. How am I suddenly abducted, but not even offered the job? Didn't it make sense to abduct me after I started working for you? Or not?

And, how did Angel find me?

There was too much happening behind the scenes that I never took the time to think about it. Nothing made sense.

My hand flew to caress my lips. Randomly remembering the kiss, Angel, gave me before he left. I could still feel the tingles and the backflips my heart was doing in that moment.

Oh, goodness.

Becoming irritated by my constant thoughts, I angrily leaped off the bed and stomped to the door. With my hand on the knob, using all of my strength I yanked the door open. Since I can't get my brain to shut up, maybe having a drink will clear my mind.