Racing AGAIN?

"Alright folks, we're having a race today!" announces Mr Connor. I can't help but exchange a grin with my two pals as we gather around. Tifa moans and mutters," But we just had a race!" I whisper back," Too bad." She scowls at me and Aerith pats her shoulder comfortingly. I can't supress a smile. I love racing!

"Line up! The finish line is over there, that red tape line, got it? Run there and back! Ready? On your mark, get set...GOOOOO!!" he blows the whistle and I'm off like a shot. Cool, I feel so light, like I'm flying through the air! Glancing around me, I notice that Tifa and Aerith have both fallen behind. I think I passed them just now, along with Genesis, a red-head in my class. The only one near me is Sephiroth, a guy who looks older than he really is. Did I mention that he's my crush? The only way I can recognise him is by that swathe of long silver hair. I'm going to be first and I've no intention of sharing that position with you! I think to myself determinedly. I lunge ahead in a sudden flurry and reach the line, with Sephiroth on my heels. But just as I'm turning around, I suddenly feel light-headed and giddy. W-what?! What's happening to me? Why are my limbs going lifeless?

I'm falling through the air into darkness, but before my vision fades I catch a glimpse of a concerned face looking down at me and feel strong, steady arms wrapping around my body, lifting me up.

The last thing I hear is,

"Lilly?"

(A while later...)

"How is she?" someone's voice... strange, that voice sure sounds familiar...

"She fainted due to exhaustion. My guess is that she didn't eat this morning and exerted too much energy in the race. With proper rest, she'll be fine."

"Oh... that's good. Can I... can I see her?"

"Of course, right this way sir."

Mm, must be Tifa and Aerith coming to visit me, I muse sleepily.

Hold on... Sir? That can't be! I must have heard wrongly, or...

The door opens and I shut my eyes, pretending to be asleep. Quiet footsteps echo in the small space.

"Lilly..."

That voice again! I struggle to recall who this voice belongs to, and finally make the connection. Sephiroth! But why would he visit me? I can hear him getting closer and have a hard time not blushing. At last, he stops and does nothing, I can hear his breathing, low and even. I sense movement to my right and suddenly feel a cool hand touching my face. Shocked, I almost stop breathing in that moment.

But that feels like nothing when he leans in and brushes his lips gently on mine.

My eyes snap open of their own accord and I let out a gasp, cheeks rapidly colouring. Sephiroth jerks back, dropping his hand to his side. Is it just me, or do I see a hint of a flush coming into that normally pale and calm expression?

"I-I..." I've never heard him stammer before, but personally I find it rather cute. Before I can do anything else, Sephiroth runs out of the room, his face covered by those long bangs of his.

I lean back on the pillows, perplexed and happy at the same time. I never thought that Sephiroth noticed me at all, much less liked me. But he was the first to visit. And there was that kiss just now... why would he do that unless he did like me? My heart monitor is beeping like mad, and a nurse swoops in to check what's going on. She gives me another dose of morphine and I feel myself drifting off to sleep again.

"Sephiroth..."