What just happened?

"Hello-oo?"

Aerith? Blinking my eyes open, the worried faces of Tifa and Aerith swim into view. I blink again and croak," hey guys."  Tifa hugs me tightly and says," We were so damn worried about you girl! The doctor says you just need to rest and you'll be fine. So we're bringing you back home since your Mom can't make it from work." "I'll go sign you out." says Aerith, walking out the door of my hospital ward.  "Who brought me here?" I ask Tifa, even though I've already guessed the answer. "Sephiroth did. We just saw him earlier in the hospital corridor. “Replies Tifa calmly. “He was acting a little odd though... it’s the closest I've ever seen him to fluster before."  I feel my cheeks redden again and the ever-observant Tifa picks up on this quickly.

"Aww, is he your crush? So sweet!"

"! N-no, it’s not like that!" I stammer. Damn I really didn't expect it to be that obvious.

"Humph, don't lie to me Lilly. I've seen you staring at him loads of times. Can't say I blame you though. But anyway, congratulations!"

Aerith saves me from Tifa by popping back in and saying," Okay girls we're clear so let's get you outta here!" she exclaims. Grateful to be doing something else other than being questioned by Tifa, I sit up and gingerly step out of the bed. Aerith props me up on her shoulder for added support, so we make it to the car park without any further incident.

Tifa hails a passing cab and bundles me inside, telling Aerith to watch over me. Huh, as if I need any watching over! I'm not a child anymore! I'm sixteen for Gaia's sake! Stopping off at my house, I fish out my keys to let us inside and am immediately confined to my own bed, despite my vehement protests. Just to be safe, I glare at Tifa to make sure she doesn't spill the beans about me and Sephiroth. In the first place, it isn't true! Tifa gives me a mischievous wink and goes to make cups of hot chocolate for all of us.  Aerith starts going on about how I've got to take care of myself and blah blah blah... I space out and start thinking about Sephiroth again.

I know I said what Tifa said wasn't true, about us, but now I really have to think about it carefully. Yes, he is my crush, has been for a long time. But can I really allow myself to think that he loves me? What if it wasn't love? I can't think of any other reason why Sephiroth would do that for, but at the same time I can't quite bring myself to face the truth of things.

Sephiroth is in love with... me???

"Hey! Lilly! Are you even listening?" demands Aerith. I sheepishly shake my head. No use lying to Aerith, she has a knack for telling if people are lying or not. Tifa returns to the bedroom as Aerith asks what's on my mind. Oh no. I can see that tell-tale grin on Tifa's face widening. She's going to tell Aerith everything! Well, not exactly everything, seeing as she doesn't know about that kiss, but Aerith will definitely interrogate me. And worst of all, I can't lie to her, because she's Aerith and she can tell a liar when she sees one.

Oh forget it. They're going to know eventually so I might as well tell them sooner than later. So I hold up a hand to forestall Tifa and launch into the story of how he had asked to see me and the touch, and finally the kiss. Just as I expected, Aerith squeals in joy and hugs me tightly. "Can't... breathe...Aerith let go!" I choke." Oops, sorry dear! But anyways this is great, congrats!" "I know, right?" beams Tifa.

The thing is... I do love him back. Even if these feelings have been there for a long time, they still feel new and mysterious. But now I'm just too embarrassed to confront Sephiroth and confess.

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?