Getting back together

Now I’m at home. Alone. Sitting on my bed, staring blankly at my phone. No tears come, just a sheer disappointment. Was he toying with me the whole time? Did he even love me? Why did it have to be Meg? He’s too good for her! Is this his way of saying” It’s over”?

Why? Why?

Just then, my phone beeps. I check my inbox and find 5 new messages. The new messages are from Sephiroth. The first few are asking where I went and to give him a chance to explain. I’m about to ignore them when the last message catches my eye. It’s much longer than the other texts, you could almost call it a digital letter.

Lilly,

I’m sorry to have gotten you so upset. I wanted to get you something to make you happy, but I didn’t want to ask you about it. So I asked the first girl I could think of other than you. The times I met up with her were solely for discussing your gift, nothing more. As for going over to her house, that was Meg’s own suggestion. I was fine with it, but not because I wanted to flirt with her. If anything, I get the feeling Meg was trying to flirt with me! It’s too bad, I wanted the gift to be a surprise but I guess I have to tell you about it in order to explain the messages you found in my phone. I really hope you understand. Trust me, I wouldn’t ditch you for anything in the world, especially not Meg. She’s got enough attention from her own suitors already. When you’re done reading this, look outside your window.

As I’m reading the message, my mind starts to make the connections. This makes far more sense that him cheating on me. So he wanted to get me a gift. And in return I accused him of cheating on me and ran away from him. I mentally facepalm myself. Damn it, how could you be so stupid? Come on, Lilly, you normally have much more sense than that! Where did all your common sense go? Love sure blinded you this time.

Once I reach the last sentence of the text, I automatically look out the window and see Sephiroth standing there, holding a sweet little teddy bear. Since Mom’s out at work, I let him in myself. I’m dressed in a purple t-shirt and shorts, he’s in a white button down and long black pants.

I look down at my feet, too ashamed of my behaviour to say anything. Sephiroth tips my chin up and says softly, “It’s okay. Trust me next time, alright? I’d never dump you for anyone else/ just remember that.” Nodding slowly, I look at his face, taking in all the mesmerising features that hooked me in the first place.

Ever so slowly, he leans in and places his lips on mine. I respond eagerly, needing the reassurance that I’m forgiven. His mouth moves across mine in a silent memory, binding us close. I reach out and grasp his shoulders for support before deepening the kiss, nearly devouring Sephiroth. He kisses back gently and steps back, still holding me at arm’s length.

“Tomorrow, dear. Tifa invited everyone over for games and lunch.”

Tifa? ‘Games’?

Oh god.