Epilogue

Epilogue

"Hello-oo?"

Aerith? It can't be...you're dead. You can't be calling me.

"Lilly?"

No, Sephiroth, you're not here either.

Something touches my shoulder, I reflexively twist and fling it away, then stop, horror-struck. This is how you killed Aerith.

"Enough. C'mon, get up. Everyone's waiting for you." A familiar voice speaks to me. But who is it? I struggle to remember and sit up. Soft blankets around my shoulders fall to my arms, rustling and whispering like the insidious voice in my head. There's a hammering in my temples, like someone's trying to crack my skull open. My lips are parched, my skin feels clammy and cold. I blink, eyes shuttering open and closed, then open wide in shock.

"Seph...iroth?"

Flowing silver hair, that stray lock over there, those worried jade eyes, the pale marble skin...It's him! It makes no sense. Why is he even here? No, I must be dreaming. A really, really vivid dream. Yes, that's all there is to it. It was all a dream.

The vision before me blinks, gazing at me with concerned eyes. Just a dream, I repeat to myself. Sephiroth reaches out, caresses my face gently with those slim fingers. The touch feels real, though. Reality begins to assail me. It wasn't a dream. Everything is, was real. Jonathan is here before me right now, and Aerith is dead.

"G-go away..." I shakily duck back down, bury myself in the thick, warm blanket that smells faintly of anesthetic. I sneeze at the smell, hear Sephiroth's deep chuckle from somewhere near me. How can anyone be laughing at a time like this? My best friend since childhood, since practically infancy even, is gone. I won't hear her gentle voice soothing me, no more of her sensible words of advice, her smile forever lost to me. And I just don't want to see a world without Aerith in it. 

End~

Thanks for reading!! There's a sequel, don't worry. The link is here  https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/44327902-flight-through-darkness But nothing yet. Please keep reading, I look forward to your reviews and comments!