One Winged Angel

A single jet black wing sprouts from his right shoulder.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I can't help gasping in shock, but that's all it takes for Sephiroth to recoil from me, shielding me from him with his bangs and the wing. So this is what Hojo did to him. Why?! But... Oddly, I’m not feeling repulsed or anything. If anything, it's almost fascinating to look at. So shiny, just like his hair, but a different colour.  Tentatively, I reach out a hand to brush the feathers gently. They feel silky and slippery smooth.

"Seph..." I murmur, tugging on the feathers to get his attention.

"... I'm... a monster..." his words come out in a low baritone that I somehow manage to hear. But they stun me, and again without thinking, I pull him to face me and blurt, "You're no monster. Whatever Hojo did to you then, it doesn't matter now, got it? I don't think you're a monster. And I'm sure of Tifa and Aerith saw this, they'd say the same too!"

Slowly, Sephiroth looks at me, but his gaze wavers somewhere between my mouth and nose, never really looking me in the eye. I'm not sure if I managed to convince him that it's fine, but suddenly he relaxes and a weary smile flits across his face. "Thank Gaia...I though you're be freaked out when you saw it. I thought you might run away or something. “Admits Sephiroth. Pinching his cheek mischievously, I let out an internal sigh, glad that he seems to have cheered up.

"Can I stroke them?" I ask, driven by a need to feel that smoothness in my hands once more. Sephiroth shrugs and retorts, "You already did, why should you had to ask for permission?" Running my hand up and down in long leisurely strokes along the wing, I comb his hair out with my bare fingers at the same time. They feel remarkably similar, interesting.

Only now do I notice that with each stroke, Sephiroth's moving. The movements are small in the beginning, so I don't notice them at first. But he's letting out small noises that I just can't interpret, and even tipping his head back to allow me better access to his silver wealth of hair. I gulp as he turns towards me, because his pupils have turned to slits like a cat's eyes.  That doesn't seem good.

Before I even realise it, Sephiroth flaps his wing once, catapulting himself atop me. I'm confused, but I have no time to react as he lets out a feral growl and kisses me roughly. I'm so confused, just what is going on? I stare into the emerald orbs, inches away from my own in a desperate attempt to read his emotions. But I can't make out anything, just a deep hunger. Seeing as I'm not responding to him, Sephiroth bites down on my lip, hard. I can actually taste blood and it stings.

"Sephiroth, it hurts! What're you doing?!" I squeal.  He pays no heed to me and his cool, long-fingered hands start skimming my face, neck, sides, hips and my legs. His touch is gentle, like a butterfly's. It feels like he's trailing fire on my skin. He deepens the kiss and growls, "Mine." possessively. Some part of me is enjoying this, the part that's moaning his name into his lips and tugging on his hair. Through the haze of my mind, my common sense pulls through, telling me to stop. I'm not ready for this. But when he grinds his body into mine, my thoughts fly away once more. I can feel the heat emanating from him, and feel something hard poking my leg.

My head doesn't process the significance of it at first, but when it does, the truth hits me like a lightning bolt. H-he's aroused? Oh shit, that's no good. It must have been when I was stroking his hair and the wing... Those noises, the shifting, of course! How did I not see it earlier? I mentally facepalm myself for not realising it sooner. Now the problem is, how do I get him off me before I succumb to him? I can't say anything because I'm still lip-locked with him and am stuck underneath him.

So I whisper a soft apology in my head to him before I lift my hand and slap him across the face.