Chapter 47

Author's Note #1: Hi guys! I'm really sorry for not updating last night I wasn't feeling well but I'm all better now :) I always post a story on my instagram when I upload a new chapter so if you guys want to follow me on insta it would mean the world to me! I will follow everyone back of course, my ig is: cristy.lealr 

*Niall's P.O.V.*

"Niall...baby..." I hear Soph's voice at a distance, maybe I was dreaming. The weird part was that I could feel someone holding my hand. I knew it couldn't be Soph because she was back in Mexico, but I squeezed the persons' hand. Or well, I tried to, I couldn't really tell if my hand was following my brains' commands. "Baby I'm here." I heard again, okay, this was clearly her voice. I tried squeezing the persons' hand again. I tried opening my eyes, to see who was holding my hand, but I couldn't. "Niall, can you open your eyes?" I heard her voice ask again, what if she was here? I tried and tried really hard, until I was finally able to open my eyes. To say I was shocked was an understatement, Soph was standing in front of me, tears streaming down her face.

"Where am I?" I tried speaking, my voice sounding as if I hadn't spoken in days.

"You've been in an accident, we're at the hospital." She explained. The last thing I remember was Harry honking his horn at me, and then it all went black. 

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"Less than a day, so that's good news."

"Yeah, it is." I spoke again, before asking yet another question. I knew that now was not the time for jokes, but she'd made me go through hell, I could at least have some fun. "And I'm sorry, but are you my doctor...or who are you?" I asked, acting as if I was confused and didn't know who she was.

"What?" Her voice quavered and her eyes started tearing up. I immediately felt bad for my joke and I couldn't contain it any longer before I smiled. "Oh god Niall, you scared the shit out of me, now is definitely not the time to be making those jokes." She said before lightly punching me. 

"Ow." I exclaimed, even though it was just a light touch, it hurt like shit.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry. I didn't realize."

"It's okay, don't worry. I'm okay. And I'm really sorry for joking, I couldn't help it."

"It's okay. I probably would've done the same thing if I was in your shoes." She smiled.

"I know."

"Wait... I need to go and get the doctor!" She suddenly exclaimed before rushing out the door. She came back with the doctor a few minutes later and the doctor explained everything they'd done to me. I couldn't believe how lucky I was, sure I wasn't in the best shape but considering how bad the accident had been, it could've been way worse.

"So..." I asked once we were left alone.

"So..." She spoke looking down.

"What are you doing here?" I finally asked.

"I...I was coming back for you."

"You were?"

"Of course I was. I was on my way back from the airport when I got held up in traffic, and then Harry called and..."She trailed off and I could see that she was about to cry.

"Hey, hey, hey. Don't cry. It's okay." I tried to comfort her.

"No, it's not. This is all because of me. If I hadn't been an idiot and told you I didn't want to marry you or have kids, then none of this would've happened."

"Petal, it's not your fault, I swear. It was an accident, accidents happen."

"So you don't think this is my fault?"

"Of course I don't!" I was actually offended by her question, I would never think that this was her fault. Sure what she did was stupid, I'm not gonna argue with her on that, but the car crash was definitely not her fault.

"Thank you." She smiled at me and then leaned over, as she tried to hug me, which was quite difficult considering all of the machines I was attached to.

"So, does that mean that you do want to marry me?"

"Yes." She admitted. "I can't imagine my life without you."

"Neither can I." I smiled before I we continued hugging.

"Wait.." She spoke after a few minutes. "Does this mean we're engaged now?"

"Well..." I started saying, this was definitely not the way I had planned to propose and I wanted to do it properly, being able to get down on one knee and ask for her hand in marriage with a ring. But how could I let her know without breaking her heart? "This is not how I had planned to propose..."

"Oh thank god." She let out a breath that I hadn't even realized she was holding. 

"Yeah, so is it okay if we're not engaged as of now? I want to get the chance to ask you properly."

"It is! I didn't want it to be this way either. I can't even give you a proper kiss!" 

"Well..you can try." She leaned forward, and even if it hurt a little bit, as soon as her lips touched mine, it felt as if everything was right in the world.

"Ahem, ahem." I heard someone clear their throat, making Soph jump back. "Sorry, hi." Harry voiced before opening the door even more to reveal of the guys and their girlfriends. 

"We didn't want to interrupt you, but we wanted to see you and didn't know how long it would take for you to stop locking lips." Louis told you. "And so Harry lost and he had to make you guys break apart."

"Glad to see you're okay mate." Liam said as he approached the bed.

"You had us worried sick." Zayn added.

"Please, never do that again." Louis chimed in.

"I'm not planning to Tommo, don't worry."

"Good."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there guys! Thank you for reading the chapter, hope you liked it! Again I'm sorry for not updating last night. Niall's finally awake and he's okay! If you haven't read Small Talk, I would suggest that you read that one first so that you can understand this story. I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts! If you're obsessed with 1D make sure to check my TikTok account, I upload daily vids of the boys, it's @cristylealr, it would mean the world to me. I'm so grateful for all the love you're giving my stories and my tiktok vids!