Chapter 46

*Sofia's P.O.V.*

I opened the door slowly, I was terrified, I didn't know in what shape Niall was going to be in. I held my breath as I approached the bed. His usually pale face (compared to mine) was now covered in dark bruises, there was barely any skin left untouched. I let out a small gasp when I saw him. I felt like crying, but I knew I couldn't break down right then and there, there was a possibility that he was listening, and I bet he wouldn't want to hear me crying. I moved the recliner chair that was in the corner of the room, and placed it right next to the bed. I sat down and I grabbed Niall's hand in mine, trying to be as careful as possible, I didn't want to hurt him. 

"Hi baby, I don't know if you can hear me. I really hope you are, although I doubt it. I'm so sorry for everything that happened, I truly am. I was so fucking stupid, I wasn't thinking I swear. There's no one else I'd rather spend my life with. I want to get married, I want to have kids with you, I  want to grow old with you, so please wake up. We still have a lot to live, so many things we haven't had the chance to experience. And I don't want to get to experience them with anyone but you, so please for the love of god Niall, please wake up." I know I said I didn't want to cry in front of him, but I couldn't help it. It was killing me to see him unconscious on a hospital bed. He was usually so full of life, making jokes left and right, laughing at absolutely everything, so seeing him like this devastated me. I stayed with him for another half an hour, just holding his hand, talking to him, well, it was more of a one sided conversation, but it was better than nothing, and basically being there with him. I finally decided to let the guys come and see him, since visiting hours would be over soon and I wanted them to see him before they had to leave.

"Hey." I announced when I got back to the waiting room.

"How is he?" Eleanor rushed to my side. I just shook my head, unable to answer. What could I say? I mean yeah he was alive and stable, but he was not fine, nor good, so how could I answer her question?

"Is it okay if I go in?" Harry asked in a hushed voice while the girls comforted me. I turned to look at him and lightly nodded, before he took of in the direction of Niall's room.

"He's going to be okay." Maya voiced as she caressed my hair, trying to make me feel better.

"Yeah, he'll be up in no time, demanding to eat some proper food, not hospital food." Gigi added.

"Oh god, remember how he made us sneak KFC to his room after his first knee surgery?" Liam spoke.

"Yes!" Louis exclaimed. Hearing these kind of stories about Niall, before we properly knew each other, was heartwarming.

"Really?" I asked, wanting to know more, since he wasn't here to tell the story, I only had the boys to fill me in. Hearing them telling me about their past made me feel closer to Niall, which was exactly what I needed right now. That's how we spent the next two hours, the boys each telling funny anecdotes they had lived all together, and trying to make me smile. 

"Hey, so the nurse said visiting hours were over." Liam spoke up, he was the last one who had gone in to see Niall.

"Oh okay." I replied.

"But she said that one of us could stay here for the night. So we'll come back in the morning, if that's alright with you Soph."

"Yes, please. He needs all of us, and to be honest I need you guys too."

"Has someone called his parents?" Harry questioned. Fuck, I had totally forgotten about that, I could only think about Niall. I guess the look on my face let him know that I hadn't told them, because he continued. "Don't worry, I can call them if you want."