Chapter 4

*Niall's P.O.V.*

"Babe are you ready yet?" I hollered. We were supposed to leave 10 minutes ago, but Soph's not ready yet.

"Coming, coming." She replied before I heard her footsteps coming down the stairs. "Sorry, I wasn't ready in time." She continued as she walked into the living room and holy shit. She looked smoking hot. 

"You look amazing." I walked over to her and embraced her. 

"Thanks baby." She blushed. But I wasn't kidding, she looked stunning in her mini skirt that showed off her amazing legs. How did I get so lucky?

"Ready to go?"

"Yep, let's get going." We made our way to the car and then headed to the party. It was not a party per se, it was more of a mini concert and Q&A. A radio station had held a contest and there were a 100 fans coming to see us perform the songs for the first time. This was our first performance as a band since we've gotten back together, so I'm really excited to see how it goes. We're doing some interviews first, then the Q&A, and finally the 'concert'.

"So, are you nervous?" Soph asked me during the drive.

"I'm actually really excited. I can't believe the boys and I are performing together again for the first time in 5 and a half years."

"I can't believe it either to be honest. I've been dreaming about seeing you guys perform live again for so many years."

"I know babe, I know. Trust me, so have I."

"Glad to know I'm not the only directioner here."

"You're most certainly not. I'm the biggest directioner there is."

"Yes, you truly are." Sofia laughed.

20 minutes later we finally got to the theater where the event was taking place and there were a lot of fans and paparazzi outside. I immediately felt Soph's hand tense and she squeezed my hand a tad bit tighter.

"You okay petal?" 

"Yeah, I just didn't know there was going to be such a big crowd."She replied. "Well no...scratch that... I did know there was going to be such a big crowd I mean, it's the first time you're performing together, but i just didn't realize we'd had to go through all of them."

"It'll be okay, don't worry. I'll protect you."

"Thanks baby." 

"No problem." I kissed her nose to calm her down before our driver opened the door for us to get out. "Ready?"

"Yeah." She replied a bit unsure, so I held her hand even tighter for reassurance as we got out of the car. And of course, the second we did, hundreds of flashes started going off. Thank god security was tight and they were helping keep everyone in check. They had placed kind of like a carpet so that we could walk to the venue, so the fans and paparazzis had to stay to the sides. 

"Niall, look over here. Niall, Sofia, this way. Niall I love you." I heard people calling our names from every direction so I just tried to smile and turn to both sides as we started walking.

"Are you going to go say hi to the fans? They've been waiting for you." I heard Sofia speak amidst all the chaos.

"Will you be okay?" I asked concerned.

"Yeah, don't worry. Go ahead and say hi, I'll wait for you by the door."

"Okay." She let go of my hand and I made my way to say hi to the fans, turning Soph's way every few seconds to make sure that she got to the door safely, and she did, so after that I focused all my attention on the fans.

*Sofia's P.O.V.*

I saw all the fans' faces, eager to see Niall up close and possibly get a picture with him. Since I was a fan before we started dating and I knew how it felt to be in their position I urged Niall to go over and say hi. Of course I didn't want to walk the 'carpet' by myself, but it was important for me that Niall interacted with his fans, so I made him go and say hi. After letting go of his hand I started walking towards the entrance of the venue and all I kept repeating to myself over and over in my head was 'Don't fall, don't fall, don't fall.'

"Hey, Sofia." I heard someone call my name and I turned my look in that direction. "Here! Hi, can I take a picture with you please?" A girl asked me as she waved frantically at me. I broke into a smile as I made my way to her.

"Hi, of course. It's so nice to meet you."

"So nice to meet you too." She replied before she positioned herself and started snapping pictures of us. As we were taking the picture, but I couldn't help to overhear some girls talking next to her quite loudly. 

"Ugh I hate her, she feels superior to us just 'cause she's dating Niall."

"She's not even that pretty."

"And now she thinks she's famous because she's dating Niall. Taking photos with fans and shit." And of course that got to me, but I had to keep on my smile and pretend like I didn't hear them, even though what they were saying was hurting like hell. They didn't even know me, why were they talking shit about me? And I was a 100% sure that they knew that I could hear them, it was as if they wanted me to hear them speaking shit about me.

"Thanks for the photos." The girl smiled at me excitedly before proceeding to check the photos.

"No problem, are they okay?"

"Yeah, they're perfect."

"Great!"

"Thanks again!"

"No problem." I smiled at her before turning around and walking towards the entrance, not even bothering to glance at the girls that were talking shit about me, they didn't deserve to be acknowledged.

I finally got to the door after being stopped by 3 other girls wanting to take pictures with me and hearing more people talk shit about me. I honestly didn't understand why people were being this mean to me and talking trash about me when I had done nothing wrong. It hurt me a lot, and it was affecting me, but as soon as I saw Niall approach me a few minutes later, I put on my best smile. I didn't want to ruin his night by telling me that people were saying shit about me, this was his night and I wanted him to enjoy it. And to be honest I want to enjoy it as well, so I'll try to not think about what the girls were saying about me and have fun tonight. I've never been to an album release party before, and never in a million years did I think that I'd attend a One Direction one. And as the girlfriend of one of the boys, so I was going to try and have as much fun as possible and have a memorable night. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there guys! Thank you so much for reading this story. So they're headed to the album release party and Sofia is having to deal with hate again. I honestly don't understand how some people feel the right to hate on people they haven't even met. I don't think that the 'fans' that hate on the boys' significant others are real fans, because real fans would never hate on people the boys' love if they haven't done anything wrong. Sorry about my rant, but I just wanted to get it out there. If you haven't read Small Talk, I would suggest that you read that one first so that you can understand this story. I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts! If you're obsessed with 1D make sure to check my TikTok account, I upload daily vids of the boys, it's @cristylealr