Chapter 52

∼February 6, 2022∼

*Sofia's P.O.V.*

The boys are nearly done touring Latin America, and so far it's been amazing. We got to see a lot of amazing new places, well at least I did, since the boys had already been there on previous tours, and I was having tons of fun. Unlike Gigi, who was experiencing a lot of morning sickness. When the boys were busy rehearsing, the girls and I would keep Gigi company at the hotel, until she felt better. Thankfully she's starting her second trimester so it's getting better. 

"Ahh, home sweet home." I spoke as the plane landed in Monterrey.

"Hey! What about our house in LA? Isn't that home?" Niall acted offended.

"Oh shut up, you knew what I meant."

"I know, I was joking." He laughed.

"I can't believe we're already here. Time flew by."

"We only have the australian and european legs of the left. Wow."

"3 more months and the tour is over."

"Time flew by didn't it?" Louis chimed in as he leaned over our seats. Eleanor and him were seated behind us and all throughout the flight he kept messing with Niall just to piss him off.

"It did." I answered as Niall rolled his eyes, clearly still annoyed with Lou's behavior.

"It was so much better this time around, with lots of down time. I liked that." Zayn, who was seated across the aisle, added.

"Told you it was gonna be better this time around. I'm glad we convinced you to come back." Liam told him.

"I'm glad I'm here with you guys." Zayn answered. I turned to look over at Maya and she had the exact look as mine on her face. We were both on the brink of tears, remembering how much we had cried on March 25, 2015, when Zayn decided to leave the band. Never in a million years had I expected him to come back, I only wanted him to rejoin the band if that's what he really wanted and he was happy about it, not because of the pressure of the boys or the fans. Now I could see that he was actually happy and enjoying being with the boys, and that was all I needed to know. Hence why both Maya and I were on the verge of tears. I blinked rapidly trying to stop the tears from coming, I didn't want Louis to mock me for crying over the things they were saying as he had done on several occasions.

My parents had offered to give us all a ride to the hotel from the airport, but I knew how chaotic it tends to get when the boys get to a new city. I remember seeing on the news that the airport was very crowded when Harry got here, so I can only imagine how it's going to be now that it's the five of them together. Pure chaos. Thank god I convinced my parents not to come and get us. But I couldn't tell them no when they invited all of us over to our house for a carne asada. So after dropping our bags at the hotel we're all headed to my place for dinner. I can't wait, it's going to be interesting, to say the least.

S: We're leaving the hotel now mom. We'll be there in 5 minutes tops. I texted my mom.

M: Can't wait to see you sweetie. Your dad's already setting up the grill.

S: Please tell everyone not to embarrass me mom, specially Valentina

M: They've already been lectured, you have nothing to worry about.

S: Thanks, see you in a bit

"We're here." I announced as we all piled out of the van. I rang the doorbell and my mom came to greet us all in a heartbeat. Her english had improved a lot since I had started dating Niall and then my dad told me that she was taking english lessons so that she could communicate better with my boyfriend and his family. Wasn't she the best mom ever?

"Hi! Welcome!" My mom exclaimed as she opened the door and then proceeded to hug me. After she let me go she went a hugged every single person, since we're a family of huggers.

"Your mom's so sweet." Cami whispered as she walked through the door.

"Make yourselves feel like at home." My mom continued as we all followed her to the backyard. "My husband's already outside setting the grill."

"Hi everyone!" My dad exclaimed, not leaving his post by the grill.

"Hi dad." I went to hug him and Niall came along with me.

"Hi Mr. Mendes."

"Hi baby, hi son. How are you?"

"Pretty good." I answered.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" Niall asked. It was so sweet of him that he wanted to help my dad.

"Could you hand me that tray?" 

"Of course."

"Oh my god, you're here." We were all suddenly interrupted by the loudest scream I'e ever heard. And a second later, Valentina emerged through the door.

"Hi." Everyone answered in unison as she approached the group, before she started hugging everyone. She had already met Harry, Louis and Niall obviously, but she had yet to meet Zayn and Liam. 

My dad, Niall and I kept on talking for a few minutes and when I turned my attention back to the table, she had positioned herself between Harry and Liam, and was busy talking to them. Classic Valen. Diego and Alex came down a few minutes later and introduced themselves to everyone, before they started engaging in conversation with them. They all had one thing in common, they loved music. 

"Mom, can I bring my guitar?" I heard Alex ask my mom after we were all done eating.

"Sure sweetie, just don't bother the guys."

"I won't I promise." He replied before darting off. A few minutes later, he came back, guitar in hand. And before we knew it, we were all singing to whichever song Alex played. If you had told me a year and a half ago, that the One Direction boys, their girlfriends and my family would be sitting around the table singing along while my brother played the guitar, I would've laughed at your face. But here we are. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there guys! Thank you for a 100k reads on this story wow!!Thank you for reading the chapter, hope you liked it! I was so tired today because I've been busy making a gift for my boyfriend since it's our anniversary on friday, if you follow me on instagram (cristy.lealr) I bet you already saw the gifts. I knew I couldn't let you guys down so of course I had to write the chapter. And I'm sorry for doing a lot of time jumps, I just want to include little details before I move on to when the tour ends. If you haven't read Small Talk, I would suggest that you read that one first so that you can understand this story. I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts! If you're obsessed with 1D make sure to check my TikTok account, I upload daily vids of the boys, it's @cristylealr, it would mean the world to me. I'm so grateful for all the love you're giving my stories and my tiktok vids!