Chapter 34

*Sofia's P.O.V.*

"Petal, wake up." I heard Niall whisper as he lightly shook my shoulder.

"Huh? What is it?" Niall knew how much I hated being woken up, so it better be an emergency.

"It's not an emergency." He replied. Then why the fuck would you wake me up? I thought to myself, but I obviously wasn't going to say that to his face, as much as I wanted to.

"Then what is it?" I asked, still half asleep, eager to go back to dreaming.

"We kind of need to be somewhere in about an hour and a half."

"Where?" I asked, I knew the boys' schedule and we had the whole weekend off, they wouldn't dare set up an interview or something of sorts during their days off.

"The airport."

"Why?"

"'Cause we're going somewhere."

"We are? There was nothing on the schedule if I recall correctly." Maybe I was wrong.

"No there isn't. It's just you and me, we're going away for the weekend."

"We are?" I shot up from the bed, now I was excited. It was my birthday weekend after all.

"Yes petal. Now come on, get dressed while I finish packing."

"Where are we going?"

"You know me, I'm obviously not telling you, but you'll like it, don't worry."

"Ughh, fine."

"You know you love me."

"xoxo Gossip Girl." I recited, because I couldn't resist it.

"What?" A confused Niall asked me.

"It's from Gossip Girl, they say it like every episode."

"I haven't watched it."

I was halfway to the bathroom, but I stopped dead on my tracks and turned around. This couldn't be possible. "What?" 

"Haven't seen it."

"Niall James Horan what do you mean you haven't seen Gossip Girl? You an't be my boyfriend and not have seen it, we're watching it."

"Isn't it for girls?"

"No, it isn't, and we're watching it. It's my birthday weekend, you can't say no."

"Fine, we'll watch it."

"Thank you." I smiled at him before going back to the bathroom to get ready. 

We got to the airport two hours later, and Niall still wouldn't tell me where we were headed to. I spent the whole ride trying to get it out of him, but I had no luck, he wouldn't budge. We were hurried through security and then went straight to the private lounge.

"Can you tell me where are we going?"

"Just wait and see petal, you'll find out soon enough." And he was right, half an hour later I heard through the speakers 'Flight 259 to Rome boarding now.' and then I saw Niall stand up from the sofa we were seated on. "Wait, wait, wait, we're going to Rome?" I spoke a little bit louder than normal, a huge grin plastered on my face.

"Yep." Niall smiled at me.

"Oh my god, thank you, thank you."

"No problem, it's your birthday weekend after all, you deserve to eat that ice cream you've been raving about."

"You remembered."

"'Course I did. You're my girlfriend, I do pay attention to the things you say, even when it seems like I don't."

"Thank you." I kissed him, before we made our way to the gate.

A few hours later we landed in Rome, just in time for a late lunch. We headed to our hotel to leave our bags and oh my, it was absolutely gorgeous. The room was stunning, and we had a view of the colosseum right from our window, seriously breathtaking.

"Ready for lunch?" Niall asked me after I finished admiring the room.

"Yep, lead the way babe." I replied, because I was starving. As soon as we got downstairs, a driver was waiting for us, ready to whisk us to lunch. Niall had planned everything, he was seriously the best boyfriend ever.

Lunch was delicious as always, Niall had taken me to an italian restaurant and I had the best lasagna I had ever eaten.

"Ready for our next destination?" Niall asked me as we got up from our table.

"Yeah, were are we going?"

"To get dessert."

"Ice cream?" I asked getting really excited, I was already full from the lasagna, but there's always room for dessert.

"Of course petal." He smiled at me, before we were met with the scorching italian heat. It was a good thing that we were going for gelato to help combat the heat. The restaurant he had taken me to was a few blocks way from the Fontana di Trevi, so we decided to walk to the gelato shop. It took us a mere 10 minutes to get to our destination. 

"We're here." I announced as we stood in front of the shop.

"Let's go inside then."

"Oh god, it smells delicious." I spoke as soon as I stepped foot inside.

"It does." Niall laughed. "What are you getting?"

"Kinder bueno and nutella ice cream."

"Oh that sounds good. I'll get the same."

"Great."

We had a great weekend in Rome, it was absolutely perfect. We hit all of the major landmarks, even though we'd already been in previous trips by ourselves, and went numerous times to my favorite gelato shop, you know what they say, When in Rome...It was the best birthday ever, this was now the second birthday that I got to spend with Niall and so far both of them had been incredible. All of my family had called me to wish me a happy birthday, and so had the boys and their girlfriends. Of course Vic called me too, and wished me a happy birthday, I missed her like crazy and she'd promised that she'd visit me as soon as we landed back in the states, no matter where we were. And I was going to take her word for it, as much as I love touring with Niall and the boys, I miss seeing my family and Vic often. Still, I wouldn't change my life for anything, I was loving every single moment of it and this birthday was proof of that. I would've never gotten the chance to say that I got whisked to Rome from my birthday if I wasn't dating Niall. Now I had to start thinking what to do for his birthday, I had less than a month to plan it. Hopefully the other girlfriends will help me, because I'm honestly clueless and I want him to feel as special and loved as he made me feel on my birthday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there guys! Thank you for reading the chapter! Sorry if this chapter isn't very good, I was pulled over today and the police guy started flirting with me and making me feel really uncomfortable. It's awful knowing that the people that are supposed to protect you make you feel so uncomfortable up to a point where you feel you need protection from them. I know you probably don't care but I had to let it out, I've spent the whole afternoon crying about it. If you haven't read Small Talk, I would suggest that you read that one first so that you can understand this story. I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts! If you're obsessed with 1D make sure to check my TikTok account, I upload daily vids of the boys, it's @cristylealr, it would mean the world to me. I'm so grateful for all the love you're giving my stories and my tiktok vids!