Chapter 6

*Sofia's P.O.V.*

"Come on, let's get you cleaned up."Camila spoke up.

"Holy shit, I look like a mess." I blurted out as soon as I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror.

"No you don't babe, you look amazing..." Eleanor started speaking but stopped herself when she saw my reflection too. "You just need some touch ups." She finished, making us crack up. 

I brushed one final tear from my face before the girls started working on me. Turns out they both carry a whole load of makeup on their bags, and I was thankful for that. 

"Ta da, all done." Camila exclaimed a few minutes later.

"Wow." I said as I saw myself in the mirror, you could barely tell that I had been bawling my eyes out. "How did you do it? My eyes don't even looked puffed."

"You can thank my under eye roller." Eleanor showed her magical product.

"Wow, I'll have to get one of those."

"Yeah, they work wonders." She smiled at me. 

"You ready to go outside?" Cami asked and although I wasn't ready at all and I wanted to curl back into a ball and continue bawling my eyes out, I had to appreciate all of their efforts and I had to go out and support my boyfriend, so I was left with no other choice.

"Yes, let's get going." I started speaking before I hugged the two of them out of the blue. "Thank you guys, for everything."

"No problem babe, that's what friends are for." Eleanor reminded me.

"Yes, we'll always be here for you no matter what." Cami chimed in.

"Thanks, it means a lot to me." We broke apart from our embrace, and then started heading towards the door. Having Eleanor and Cami by my side gave me a much needed boost in confidence, so the three of us left the bathroom with our heads held high, walking towards the front of the stage.

*Niall's P.O.V.*

"Finally." Liam sighed as we were done with our last interview. I had already forgotten how tiring it was to have a promo day this big. And we weren't even halfway through it.

"Sorry to burst your bubble mate, but we still have the Q&A and the mini concert." Zayn patted Liam's back.

"I know, I know. But I really hate interviews, they always ask the same questions over and over again. At least the fans come up with creative ones."

"They do, they do. I remember when a fan asked me what was the longest my nails had ever been." Harry voiced.

"I remember that. So weird." Louis chuckled.

"Guys, you have to be up on stage in 5." Lauren, who was part of our crew, announced. I quickly hurried over to the refreshments table and ate a few chips and coke before we had to be up on stage answering questions. Who know how long it'll be 'till we get to eat something again, so it's better to eat beforehand.

"You ready Niall?" Harry approached me.

"Yeah." I answered, while stuffing my mouth with the last remaining chips.

"Let's hope they don't ask too many personal questions, specially about the girls."

"I know, Soph's getting enough hate online as it is."

"So is Cami, but she tries to stay off from social media as much as she can, and she tells me that it doesn't get to her, the hate."

"I don't understand why some people are so hateful towards them. Soph broke last time because of all the hate she was receiving and I hated it. It was awful to see her hurting because of me." It still pained me to remember that night, the night Sofia started crying because of all the hateful comments she was getting, and I felt so helpless not being able to help her.

"It's not your fault mate."

"If I wasn't in the public eye she wouldn't be getting this much hate."

"True, but hey, there's nothing we can do about it. We can only hope that they treat people with kindness."

"Okay seriously Haz, how do you always manage to squeeze your motto into conversations? It's actually kinda creepy." I laughed.

"I've gotten pretty good at it, haven't I?" He laughed too.

"Hazza, Neil, hurry up, we have to be on stage right now." Louis hollered before he snickered, he knew how much I hated to be called Neil and he did it just to piss me off. I just rolled my eyes at him as I passed by him on my way to the door, while he just stood there laughing at me. Letting me know he had done it on purpose, classic Louis.

"Okay guys, are you ready?" Lauren asked.

"Yeah." We all answered in unison.

"Then off you go." She smiled at us before we headed towards the stage, where 5 chairs were already placed for each of us to sit. The crowd erupted into cheers as soon as we set foot on the stage and we all smiled and waved as we made our way to our seats. I got stuck sitting between Harry and Louis, which meant that I would have to put up with their constant giggling and inner jokes that only the two of them understood. 

"Hi guys, how are you?" Liam asked, while the fans screamed yet again, only louder. If that was even possible.

"It's nice to be here with all of you." Zayn continued.

"Yeah, we've missed this." I added, making everyone in the crowd go 'Aww'. I kept scanning the crowd trying to find Soph, but the place was packed. I couldn't spot her or any of the girls at all, I started getting worried, what if something had happened to her? I continued scanning the crowd as the fans started asking their questions, I was more worried about finding Sofia than about the questions to be honest. After about 10 minutes, during which time I answered the questions without even knowing what I was answering, I finally caught a glimpse of her. She was with Eleanor and Camila, tucked away in a corner. I could see her smiling at me, but I knew that something was off, her eyes weren't glistening with happiness like they always were when she saw me and the boys together. I studied her even more, and that's when I realized, she had been crying. She'd concealed well enough her puffiness, but I could still tell, I knew her too well. All I could keep thinking about was her, I didn't even pay attention to the rest of the questions either, my mind was someplace else, I just kept on trying to figure out why she had been crying. I just wanted this Q&A to be over so that I could go to her and ask her was what wrong, seeing her like this, and not being able to go and talk to her is killing me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there guys! Thank you so much for reading this story. A little bit of drama coming up ahead, just a heads up. If you have any ideas for the story (that don't involve cheating because that's something that I just can't tolerate in a relationship) please feel free to leave them in the comments :) If you haven't read Small Talk, I would suggest that you read that one first so that you can understand this story. I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts! If you're obsessed with 1D make sure to check my TikTok account, I upload daily vids of the boys, it's @cristylealr