Chapter Seventy Nine - Christmas Holiday

"I'd worked that much out for myself, funnily enough. What happens if you break it, then?"

"You die," Ron says simply. "Fred and George tried to get me to make one when I was about five. I nearly did too, I was holding hands with Fred and everything when Dad found us. He went mental. Only time I've ever seen Dad as angry as Mum, Fred reckons his left buttock has never been the same since. "

"Yeah, well, passing over Fred's left buttock--"

"I beg your pardon?" Fred asks as he, his twin, and I join the two boys in the kitchen. Molly had decided that she wanted the family all together in the house for Christmas. Which I wasn't opposed to. It means we get to see most of the family together for the first time since the babies were born. It was nice to be together- however, it's a pretty tight fit having Fred, George, Me, and the twins in their room. 

"Oh don't worry his left buttock is perfectly fine," I say chuckling lightly as I move to prep a bottle. 

"Aaah, George, Y/n, look at this. They're using knives and everything. Bless them," Fred teases the boys. Making a point to show off his ability to do magic whenever. 

"I'll be seventeen in two and a bit months' time," Ron says grumpily, "and then I'll be able to do it by magic!"

"But meanwhile," George says, sitting down at the kitchen table and putting his feet up on it, "we can enjoy watching you demonstrate the correct use of a -- whoops-a-daisy!" Ron's hand slips and he knicks his finger. I look over to George shaking my head lightly. 

"You made me do that!" Ron says angrily, sucking his cut thumb. Clearly not amused with his older brothers, "You wait, when I'm seventeen-"

"I'm sure you'll dazzle us all with hitherto unsuspected magical skills," yawns Fred. I toss the second bottle to him.

"Instead of harassing your brother can you help me make bottles to feed your children?" I ask at once. 

"Yes ma'am," He says taking the formula to start the bottle. 

"And speaking of hitherto unsuspected skills, Ronald," George says looking back over to Ron, "what is this we hear from Ginny about you and a young lady called--unless our information is faulty--Lavender Brown?"

Ron turned a little pink but did not look displeased as he turned back to the sprouts. "Mind your own business."

"What a snappy retort," Fred chuckles, "I really don't know how you think of them. No, what we wanted to know was. . . how did it happen?"

"What d'you mean?"

"Did she have an accident or something?"

"What?"

"Well, how did she sustain such extensive brain damage? Careful, now!"

Molly enters the room just in time to see Ron throw the sprout knife at Fred, who had turned it into a paper airplane with one lazy flick of his wand.

"Ron!" she says furiously. "Don't you ever let me see you throwing knives again!"

"I won't," Ron says, "let you see," he adds under his breath, as he turned back to the sprout mountain. I roll my eyes harshly as I shake the bottle to mix the formula. 

"Please Ron can you not stab Fred- I physically can't take care of the twins by myself," I say as my exhaustion fills my words. Ron scoffs trying to cut the sprouts. No longer willing to have a conversation with us. 

"Fred, George, Y/n, I'm sorry, dears, but Remus is arriving tonight, so Bill will have to squeeze in with you guys," Molly starts. 

"No problem," George says.

"Even with the babies?" I ask her, "I mean it'll be a tight fit."

"Okay, then we can move the babies into Harry and Ron's," Molly offers. I can see the two boys groan lightly, "I'm sure they won't mind." 

"Sure that's fine," Fred tells his mum.  

"Then, as Charlie isn't coming home, that just leaves Harry and Ron in the attic, and if Fleur shares with Ginny--"

"--that'll make Ginny's Christmas--" mutters Fred. I chuckle lightly.

"--Everyone should be comfortable. Well, they'll have a bed, anyway," Molly says sounding slightly harassed.

"Percy definitely not showing his ugly face, then?" Fred asks her.

Molly turns away before she answered.

"No, he's busy, I expect, at the Ministry. "

"Or he's the world's biggest prat," Fred says as Molly heads out, "One of the two. Well, let's get going, then, George. "

"What are you two up to?" Ron asks, "Cant you help us with these sprouts? You could just use your wand and then we'll be free too!"

"No, I don't think we can do that," Fred says seriously. "It's very character-building stuff, learning to peel sprouts without magic, makes you appreciate how difficult it is for Muggles and Squibs-"

"--and if you want people to help you, Ron," George adds, throwing the paper airplane at him, "I wouldn't chuck knives at them. Just a little hint. We're off to the village, there's a very pretty girl working in the paper shop who thinks my card tricks are something marvelous. . . almost like real magic. . . "