Chapter Fifty Nine - St Mungo's

I don't know what I expected two days before break. But it wasn't to be woke up by professor McGonagall while in my boyfriends dorm half naked. 

"Fred, George, Y/n you need to come with me," McGonagall says, "let's go." She's way too serious. This can't be about a prank. As she heads out I climb from the bed and quickly move to pull on a pair of Fred's sweatpants. The twins get themselves dressed as well. When we get down to the common room McGonagall is with Ginny. Which makes the nerves in the group get even worse. She leads us through the school. Talking about Harry, a dream, and Arthur. I can't keep up with her words. My minds still half asleep. Suddenly we were in Dumbledore's office. I see Harry and Ron there with the headmaster. Both looking tired and in shock. 

"Harry--what's going on?" Ginny asks, looking quite frightened. "Professor McGonagall says you saw Dad get hurt--"

"Your father has been injured in the course of his work for the Order of the Phoenix,"  Dumbledore says before Harry could speak. "He has been taken to St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. I am sending you back to Sirius's house, which is much more convenient for the hospital than The Burrow. You will meet your mother there." Fred's hand tightens on mine. He's scared. He was woken up in the middle of the night and told his father is hurt. How can I make this easier on him?

"How're we going?" Fred asks, looking shaken. "Floo powder?"

"No," Dumbledore says, "Floo powder is not safe at the moment, the Network is being watched. You will be taking a Portkey." He points to the old kettle lying innocently on his desk. "We are just waiting for Phineas Nigellus to report back . . . I want to be sure that the coast is clear before sending you--"

There was a flash of flame in the very middle of the office, leaving behind a single golden feather that floated gently to the floor.

"It is Fawkes's warning," Dumbledore says, catching the feather as it falls. "Professor Umbridge must know you're out of your beds . . . Minerva, go and head her off--tell her any story--"

Professor McGonagall was gone in a swish of tartan. 

"He says he'll be delighted," a bored voice says from behind  Dumbledore; the wizard called Phineas had reappeared in front of his Slytherin banner. "My great-great-grandson has always had an odd taste in house-guests."

"Come here, then," Dumbledore says to Harry, the Weasleys, and I. "And quickly, before anyone else joins us."

We gather around Dumbledore's desk. Not really ready for whatever is about to happen.

"You have all used a Portkey before?" Dumbledore asks and we nod, each of us reaching out to touch some part of the blackened kettle. "Good. On the count of three, then . . . one . . . two . . . . . . three."

 "Back again, the blood-traitor brats. Is it true their father's dying?"

"OUT!" roars a second voice.

Suddenly the calm of Dumbledore's office was replaced with the gloomy surrounding of number twelve, Grimmauld Place. The only sources of light was the fire and one guttering candle, which illuminated the remains of a solitary supper. Kreacher was disappearing through the door to the hall, looking back at us malevolently as he hitched up his loincloth; Sirius is hurrying towards us all, looking anxious. He was unshaven and still in his day clothes; there was also a slightly Mundungus-like whiff of stale drink about him.

"What's going on?" he says, stretching out a hand to help Ginny up. 'Thineas Nigellus said Arthur's been badly injured--'

"Ask Harry," Fred says.

"Yeah, I want to hear this for myself," George says. I rub my eyes tiredly emotions running high. Lots of worry for Arthur- exhausted in general, nervous for Harry. All of it making it a lot harder to just sit here. I look over at the twins and Ginny who were staring closely at Harry. Even Kreacher's footsteps had stopped on the stairs outside.

"It was--" Harry begins clearly not completely understanding what had happened himself. "I had a--a kind of--vision . . . ' He tells us what he saw. He had a vision where he saw a snake attacking Arthur. Apparently it looked bad. And somehow it was real? Why does everything happen to harry?