Chapter Fifty - The Newest DADA Professor

Bright and early the house was busy with the sounds of everyone getting ready. Fred and George decided to bewitch their trunks which smacked Ginny down two flights of stairs.

"--COULD HAVE DONE HER A SERIOUS INJURY, YOU IDIOTS--"

"--FILTHY HALF-BREEDS, BESMIRCHING THE HOUSE OF MY FATHERS--"

"Sorry sorry," Fred says, "We didn't think anyone was walking down-" She stopped listening instead moving to make sure Ginny is okay. I had got past Ginny with just apparating with my trunk. However the twins didn't think that far ahead. As Molly mumbles under her breath angrily. I wave the boys over to where Mikey, Melody, and I were standing. "I can't wait to get back."

"Yeah same here," I say softly.

"WILL YOU LOT GET DOWN HERE NOW, PLEASE!" Mrs. Weasley bellows. Mrs. Black's portrait is howling with rage but nobody was bothering to close the curtains over her; all the noise in the hall was bound to rouse her again, anyway. "Harry, you're to come with me and Tonks," shouts Mrs. Weasley over the repeated screeches of 'MUDBLOODS! SCUM! CREATURES OF DIRT!' "Leave your trunk and your owl, Alastor's going to deal with the luggage. . . . Oh, for heavens sake, Sirius, Dumbledore said no!"

A bearlike black dog had appeared at Harry's side as he was clambering over the various trunks cluttering the hall to get to Mrs. Weasley. I move dumping my trunk down and move to take Fred's hand leading him outside. I walk towards Tonks smiling brightly. 

"Tonks if you are actually my friend you'd let Fred and I run away," I tell her. 

"No," She says, "sorry... but you've only got the one year left. Then you can do whatever you want!"

"Come on I'm taking you kids," Mrs. Cultven says, "let's go." The group follows her along the path to Kings Cross. It takes us about twenty minutes to reach King's Cross on foot. Nothing really happened as we walked. However the second we got onto the platform we met up with Lee, Katie, Angelina, and Alicia. 

"Hey!" I say excitedly, "I missed you guys so much." Katie moves smiling brightly at me.

"Oh you missed me? How honored," She says, "missed me so much that you kept turning down the visits." I tense lightly. Knowing the order was forcing us not to go and hang out with our friends in fear of letting the little bit we already know slip. 

"Sorry Kate," I say, "you know how Molly can be."

"Nice dog, Harry!" Lee calls. I look back to see Harry, Tonks, and Molly walking towards us. Sirius in his dog form moving excitedly beside Harry.

"Thanks, Lee," Harry says grinning, as Sirius wags his tail frantically.

"Oh good," Mrs. Weasley says sounding relieved, "here's Alastor with the luggage, look. . ."

A porter's cap pulled low over his mismatched eyes, Moody comes limping through the archway pushing a trolley loaded with their trunks.

"All okay," he mutters to Mrs. Weasley and Tonks, "don't think we were followed. . . . "

Seconds later, Mr. Weasley emerges on to the platform with Ron and Hermione. We had almost unloaded Moody's luggage trolley when Ginny turned up with Lupin.

"No trouble?" growls Moody.

"Nothing," Lupin says.

"Yeah nothing here," Mrs. Cultven says.

"I'll still be reporting Sturgis to Dumbledore," Moody says, "that's the second time he's not turned up in a week. Getting as unreliable as Mundungus." 

"Well, look after yourselves," Lupin says shaking hands all round. "You too, Harry. Be careful." Lupin looks back to Mikey, Fred, George, and I. "You four behave."