Chapter Nine - Blondie Oversteps

Now with Harry joining us lot of kids under the Weasleys wings the attention shifted. Molly was now busy with coddling Harry to worry about a damn thing the twins and I were doing. Perfect for us since we were on the brink of something fascinating. George had some idea for sweets that could get you out of class but they would definitely take some work. The magic we wanted in them wasn't something we've seen in anything else.

"What's your mums obsession with Lockhart?" I ask the boys as we search through the kitchen for a different cauldron. We were hoping for Percy's cause we didn't want anything to be traced back to us.

"She fancies him," George says simply, "I mean that's really it."

"He tells all these heroic stories and such," Fred says, "But that's just it. There stories."

"I'd bet money that he would be completely useless in any dangerous situation," I laugh slightly.

"Oh definitely," Fred says chuckling slightly, "he's a hack if anything."

"Exactly!" I exclaim, "finally someone gets it." I stand up moving away from the cabinet I was searching through. "Maybe we can just use mine?"

"I guess that will have to do," George sighs, "Come on lets get to it then."

"You three aren't going anywhere," Molly says barging into the kitchen causing me to jump, "sit down it's time for breakfast." I place my hand over my heart as my nerves calms down.

"Molly you almost gave me a heart attack," I say looking to the boys as equally shocked. She was quite known for popping up out of nowhere to bust us. At least this time she caught us doing nothing wrong.

"Good dear," she says to me, "it means that I'm getting better with catching you three." The three of us exchange a look. She was getting better at catching us but we are definitely getting better at hiding things from her.

"Well I guess let's sit down," George says ushering us over to the table. I sit down with the twins and we start talking about everything besides something that could get us in any amount of trouble.

"I kinda want a pet niffler," I say to them, "I mean they are adorable and kinda mischievous. I think it will be more interesting then a dumb cat or something."

"You still haven't got a pet?" George asks me. I shrug.

"Wasn't a priority of mine," I say to them, "wanna help me pick one out?"

"Can you get a bowtruckle?" Fred asks me, "or a fire crab!"

"I think both of those are against the rules," I chuckle. Ron and Harry now walk down to join us for breakfast. I smile at them and Harry waves. "Good morning boys. We are just talking about what pet I should get."

"You don't have one?" Harry asks me. I shake my head.

"No i have a cat at home that was my sisters but nothing that's ever been just mine," I inform them, "I'm debating getting one."

"Get a rat," Ron offers. I think about it for a second.

"Nah on second thought I don't want one," I say to them as Molly brings the plates over. At this point everyone is down for breakfast so we start eating and chatting among ourselves. It was pretty nice until a couple owls came flying to the window. Arthur moves over and snatches the letters from the bird before handing them around he table.

"Letters from school," Arthur says passing Harry and Ron identical envelopes of yellowish parchment. He then hands George three and he passes them along. I get mine and see my named written across the yellow paper in dark green ink. "Dumbledore already knows you're here, Harry—doesn't miss a trick, that man."