Chapter 7: What a Nice Dinner

Two updates in a row!! Let's go! I hope you all like this chapter ^^ Sorry for it being short. Thank you for the support and love!! Like 2k Reads?!?! Guys wtf! Where did all you come from??? so much love to all of you!!  -Cotton 

Dream just stared at me when I told him that I took down the tower, I started to get nervous, I shifted.

"Sorry if you made that tower, it's just no one was here when I made this place into my home." He looked down, then up again. He walked to the door that led inside my house, I looked over to Ghostbur, he only smiled and opened up the door. I walked in and invited Dream in as well, he was hesitant at first but came inside. We all walked down into the cave in silence, except for the fact that Ghostbur was humming. When we reached the bottom of the stairs and into the cave Ghostbur asked Dream a question.

"Do you remember this place, Dream?" He looked over at Dream with a big smile, Dream only looked around, I couldn't see his face because of the mask he wore. The mask made me have an uneasy feeling, like there was something bad behind it, but I pushed it away. Dream was my friend when I was alive, right? I mean he knew me, he cried when he saw me, he has to be my friend. At least that's what I hope, Dream hasn't said a word since we got here, maybe this place used to be his or something bad has happened here. Was I the reason he was quiet when Ghostbur asked him that?

"Yeah...I do. It looks a lot nicer than before, I'll give you guys that." He nodded as he answered Ghostbur. We walked into a room, which I have filled with a table and chairs. There were four chairs, at first I only had two because I thought it would only be me and Dream down, since you know, the whole he is the only one who can see me and crap, but when Ghostbur told me about my brother and father, I made two more. So when they do come down here we can all sit at the table and eat like a family, once we sat down Ghostbur got up and went to get drinks for us.

"So, how much has Ghostbur told you about your past life?" Dream seemed a little nervous when he asked that question.

"Oh, not much really. He can barely remember things from his own life, though he did say that he didn't know I died at all. I guess he wasn't there when I died. When I asked him what he did know, all he said it would be better if I asked someone else since it wasn't really his place. I mean, his my older brother after all! Why wouldn't it be in his place to tell me about my past life?!" Dream only shrugged, I really wish I could see his face, it would be so much easier to tell what he is thinking, Ghostbur came back in with drinks and some food. Dream lifted his mask just slightly to eat the food Ghostbur had brought for us. I looked down at food, I didn't feel hungry at all, which was weird since I haven't eaten at all today or the day before. They eat in pure silence, this only made things worse for me. This allowed my mind to jump back and forth on many things, but I couldn't focus on one of them.

"Are you okay Ghostinnit?" I looked up at Ghostbur, the air around was thick with awkwardness, it was almost suffocating. I looked back down at my food and shrugged, my throat was dry and scratchy.

"Just...not hungry...that's all." I didn't look at any of them, there was a pit in my stomach. I knew why all this was happening, my mind had finally come to a stop and chewed on a question that only Dream could answer.

"Tommy, are you okay?" I looked up at Dream, he finally spoke after what seemed forever. I looked at him straight in the eyes of the mask, I didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable but I wanted to know so badly. I sat a bit straighter and took in a deep breath.

"Who was I?" 

I stopped breathing for a moment, he looked serious. I didn't want to answer this, I wasn't ready to think about Tommy and all I have done to him, I got up and left the room without saying a word. Wilbur can tell Tommy about his past, but not me, I wasn't ready. I needed to get out of here.

"Hey! Wait up!" I heard Tommy yell out, I ran up the stairs and into the little room where I had put the box for Tommy that had all types of gifts for him when Jshlatte was still in charge of L'emanburg. I pushed open the door and walked outside.

"You can't just leave like that! First it's rude and second I've asked you a question!" I ignored Tommy and just kept on walking, but I felt something grab my arm, I whipped around and pulled out my axe. The blade of the axe was pointed right at Tommys neck, only a few inches away from it. I looked at Tommy's white glowing eyes, I suck in my breath when I did, they were full with pure fear. Regret filled me, I pulled that axe quickly away from his neck and put it away. No matter what I try to do, I always end up hurting him. He looked down, he closed his eyes and let out a shaky breath.

"Was I really that bad of a person?" The world seemed to go still, the wind had stopped and birds stopped singing. Did he really think he was the bad guy?

"What? No! No, you were never a bad person. A little bit over yourself? Yes. Bad? No, never." He opened up his eyes, they had a soft glow to them, it only dimmer.

"Then why does no one knows that I'm gone? Why is there no grave for me? Why do you act so shut off around me? Did I do something to you when I was alive?" I looked at him in disbelief, he really thought that he did something to me. It was the over way around.

"You did nothing to me....and the others don't know you're gone because....." What was I supposed to tell him? That I was the only one who saw him die and that it was my fault his life was actually hell and that I didn't tell anyone yet was because if I did that would mean I have killed him? Yeah, no.

"Because I haven't told them yet." That wasn't a lie.

"Why haven't you told them?" Tommy tilted his head a little

"Because they don't know who you are." That was a lie.