Chapter 2: Hello?

It was warm and nice, I was no longer cold, I was no longer sad. Wait, why was I sad again? I can't remember, I can't remember anything....umm name. My Name? What was that? What am I? Where am I? I opened my eyes and looked around, it was sunny and warm, there was a light breeze in the air, it was nice. I got up and looked at my arms, they burnt up, tile my elbows, red and all. I left my hands to cheek, I felt something hot and gooey on my cheeks, that's when I realized it was lava. Why was it lava? I walked in a random direction for a bit, then I came across a hole in a stone wall, I walked in and saw a room, it had a bed and chest in it. I put my hand on the chest, and dragged it across, I found a stairway into a cave, I sucked in my breath with amazement. The place was dark, there were torches that were burnt out, I saw a chest and looked inside of it, luckily there were a couple of torches that haven't been used, I looked for a flint and steel to light up the place. Wait, how do I know to do this? I don't remember doing this, maybe I have done this. The cave was full of all kinds of buttons, there was a room with dirt and water, and redstone machines.

"Hello? Is anyone here?" I ask, my voice echoes through the caves, I guess no one lives here. Fine by me, I'll live here, it's quite nice honestly. Yeah I could live here. I walked a bit putting up torches to light up the place a bit, there were a bunch of mods. I had to fight off a lot of them with sticks, a few creepers blew up and made holes, but nothing I can't fix. I hum a song I didn't know I knew and set off to get wood and stone to make my new home better.

"My L'emanburg, my L'emanburg..." I mutter some of the song not knowing all the words, as I collect wood I notice a huge cobblestone stone tower with pink stripes, I didn't like how it looked, and since no one lived here any longer, there will be no harm in taking it down. So I put that on the list I need to do. I felt a little lonely but that's all good, I'll find a pet to take care of soon. I walk back into the room that has the staircase that leads into the cave, with a warm feeling in my chest. Yeah, this is nice.

I made sure that MH was nice and clean, I put a red bandana around him. I smiled at the sight, but it quickly fell when I remembered who the cow used to belong too. MH gave me a lick on the hand as if to say it's okay, I pat the cow heads,

"Thanks buddy, you make this feel a little easier than it actually is." He only looked at me with what looked like a smile. I shook my head, he was just a cow I thought, but he was Tommy's cow, and a nice one as well. Suddenly I felt bad for the first Henry, I knew Tommy really loved that cow.

"I'll make sure that no one will ever hurt you. That's my step on fixing what I did, to make sure you live a long and wonderful life" I scratch his head as he leans into my hand. I knew he didn't understand a word I said, but that didn't matter. I was sitting on the floor of my house with a fire going, MH head was in lap and rolled into a blanket. My eyes grew heavy, and the warmth of fire was just so smoothing, as soon I closed my eyes, there was a knock at my door. I jolted up and stiffed a bit, but soon relaxed remembering where I was, I moved MH's head and put it on a pillow. I got up, I put on my mask and grabbed my axe. Just in case. I opened up the door, it was Sapnap. Great, just what I need. The pet killer of the SMP.

"Hey, Dream just wanted to check on you. I know things have been bad between us for a bit but we're still friends right?" He rub the back of his neck with a sheepish smile, he lean a bit forward as he tried to look inside my home,

"Oh, I see you got a pet!" I looked over to MH who was getting out of his blanket and came walking up to me, MH wasn't a fully grown cow, still a baby really. His head only reaches my hips when he fully stands up.

"Um, yeah. I did...don't kill this one." I look at Sapnap, he only chuckle nervously

"I won't, half of the time I killed the pets was by accident, not going to lie" I looked down and kicked the floor slightly, the air around was thick and awkward. I let him inside since it looked like he wasn't going to leave anytime soon.

"You know, Tommy has a cow that looks just like that!" Sapnap smiles as he pets MH

"O-oh, really?" I didn't want to talk about Tommy, I wasn't ready to tell others what had happened yet, and the thought of him, it was just painful.

"Yeah, he does, I would think you would have known that. You know, since you go to see him every single day." He sat down by the fire hugging his legs

"Yeah, I just never really looked around what was around us. I was focus on Tommy when I was over there." I sat down across from Sapnap, MH put his head on my legs as soon as I sat down.

"You know, I'll go with you to see Tommy tomorrow! I kinda miss that kid, yeah he is a bit annoying but he had a lot energy, and a lot of fun ideas. He always made the most boring stuff into the world's craziest shit." He laughs as I panic on what to do. Shit, shit, shit, shit!

"No!" I yelled out a little too fast, he looked at me a little surprise, I shifted a bit.

"Umm.. what I meant was, y-you can't. He would think that it's out of pity and we don't want him to think that you are only visiting him out of pity" Yeah, even when he is gone he still doesn't want pity visits. He only nodded his head.

"Yeah, I guess....Tell him I miss him though," He looked at me, at times like these I was happy to have a mask, my lip tribbled and I felt my eyes water up. I took in a deep breath

"Well do....I'll make sure he knows...." I guess I have to go back anyway, I need to make a grave for him. I wonder where I'll put his grave, would he like it on his island? Or maybe I make in L'emanburg, but if I do that then I'll have to tell the others. I'm not ready to do that yet.

"Welp, I got to go. Bye Dream....see you around" Sapnap got up and walked towards the door, I got up to walk him out.

"Yeah, see you around Sapnap, bye" He hugged me, and it took all of my strength not to cry right then and there. He left, after waiting a bit, I broke down crying.

"I'll make it right! I'll make it....right...." I shook and cried. I never felt so alone before, is this how Tommy felt? I'm a monster for making a child feel this pain....