Chapter 8: Home

I AM ACTUALLY DUMBASS! LAIR LAIR LAIR! THAT'S ALL YOU EVER KNOW WHAT TO DO! I looked at Tommy as he made an O shape with his mouth, he looked confused but didn't say anything. I looked up at the sky seeing that it was getting darker and the wind started to pick back up again, I told Tommy that I needed to go.

"I got to go, you should probably go back to Wil-" Tommy cut me off, which surprises me.

"Ghostbur. His name is Ghostbur." His voice was firm and strong, he didn't stutter or fumble over his words. I picked up where I left off as I nodded my head.

"You should probably go back to w-erm Ghostbur, since we just left them there all alone..." Tommy looked behind him then back at me, he smiled and laughed.

"I guess we did! Welp you right, I should go back to him, safe travels Dream." I turn to leave but was stopped

"Oh, Dream?" I turned around to look at Tommy, I wanted to leave. I was tried and my brain is still yelling at me for lying like a fucking prick.

"When you are ready to talk about Tommy and who he was, I'm here." He smiled a soft comforting smile, I couldn't speak, so I only nodded and left. He was waiting on me to tell him his own past. The worst part, I'm not sure if I can even tell him, how can I be sure I won't lie? When I walked along the path, the sky turned dark and the stars came out shining their light on us. Well, on the people who deserve it. All of my feelings were weighing down on my back, crashing me. When I got home, I just went inside and dropped to my knees. I was so tired and overwhelmed by so many feelings at once, it felt like I was drowning in cold deep dark waters, I shakily got up and tried to go to my room, but when I stood on my own two feet, they gave out. I almost fell to the ground but MH was there to steady me, he let me use him like a support beam, he guided me to my bed. I looked down at the young red cow, I smiled softly.

"What would I do without you?" He just looked up at me with big brown eyes, when we got to my bed I just flopped down on it, I didn't bother to change, only taking off my shoes and mask. I laid there staring up at my ceiling, it was quiet. There I cried, the tears came and I couldn't stop them, why did I always have to cry? I put the palms of my hands on my eyes as I sob, I felt so alone and so hurt, I don't even know why, I never had these feelings before, they just came crashing onto me like a huge wave, overwhelming me. Then I felt something come onto the bed, they laid their head on my stomach, I opened up my eyes and looked to see who it was. MH laid there with his eyes closed, even now and then his ears will twitch. I put my hand on his head and pet him, I was still crying, it was just quite. My eyes grew heavy, I slowly let myself fall into deep sleep. 

I woke up from a dreamless sleep, my room was still dark with little moon light shining through the widows. I looked over at MH who was curled up and sleeping on my pillow. I carefully and slowly got out of bed not to wake up MH, I put on my mask and walked out of the room, I left the door slightly open, just in case MH wanted to come down stairs. I lit a tiny lantern when I walked into the small living room/kitchen, I looked at the chest which holds the things that Tommy has left behind. I open it up and took out one of the three books he has left behind, two of them were 'How to Sex 1" and "How to Sex 3" but the third one was titled 'Goodbye." I haven't read it yet. I didn't have the will or the strength to read it, I still feel as if I'm not ready to read it. I put it in the pocket of my hoodie and went outside, for once in my life I left my axe behind. I went around my house and climbed it. When I got to the roof, I found a spot to sit down and looked up at the sky, it was cloudy but the moon was shining bright along with the stars. I pulled the book out of my pocket and just stared at it, I lightly brushed my figures over the leather cover. I let out a shaky breath as I opened up the book. 

Hello! Heh, that's kinda funny since this book is called Goodbye. I don't really need to say who this for, they will be the only one who finds this. I want to say goodbye to you, and to everyone I guess. I've done some pretty fucked up shit, and messed things up a lot. I'm sorry for everything I have done, really. I wish I could have stayed longer, I wish I could have spent Christmas with you, but I really couldn't stay any longer. My time was up a long time ago, I should have died when you came through the room, and when that arrow went through me. But I didn't. I really wish I did. I want to say goodbye but it feels wrong to say goodbye to you, I guess I want to say thank you for being my only real friend and for caring for me. I was so alone but it was a bit better because of you, I just wasn't strong enough. I will never be strong enough. I want to say sorry too, not only to you but to the others as well, I doubt that they even care though.

I bit my lip, trying not to let out a sob, I wasn't his friend or cared for him. I was a monster who messed up a kids mind, yet he called me his friend. I killed him. That will forever be on me. Then I thought, I can fix this. I find a way to tell Tommy the truth, and make amends with what I did. I made a promise to fix this, so I will, one way or another. There was still more to the book but I have read all I could take for now, I put it back into my pocket and went back inside where I lay awake in bed, waiting for morning to come. 

It wouldn't be a Dream chapter if he didn't cry! Also how are you liking the chapters? Are there somethings I need to change, let me know! ^^  I hope all of you have a good Holiday! Sending lots of love <3 -Cotton