Chapter 11: For once, being Truthful

Techno never came home, when I woke up from sleep, the sun was just rising. Ghostbur hair was a mess and he paced the room worriedly. I have tried comforting him but it was no use, he just mumbled to himself and bit his nails. I was still next to the fire, the heat comforting me in a way that I can't describe.

"We need to go find him" I looked over at Ghostbur, he looked at me with full seriousness. I nod my head and stand up, as much as I hate the cold, I will freeze to my second death to help Ghostbur. He is my brother, he is family, I will care for him. We walk out the house to be met with harsh cold winds and a white blur, I look over at Ghostbur, surely he can't be thinking to go out in this, it's a snow storm. To my relief, he went back inside, I followed him. He opens up the chests and starts to pull stuff out. I looked over to see what he was getting, there were clothes and some gear. He threw some of them to me, I caught them with a surprised expression.

"Put those on, they will keep you warm and cover you from the snow. Also you might need this." I was putting on a very thick and furry jacket when he handed me a small knife. It was black and shining, I lightly dragged my fingers across it, amazed with it. I put it in my jacket pocket and continue to get ready.

"Do you think we might run into Dream?" I wondered out loud, Ghostbur huffed as he put on his jacket.

"I hope so, he might help us find Techno." I nodded as we walked towards the doors again, this time ready for the harsh weather. I pulled out my broken compass and looked at it, then suddenly a wave of determination came over me, I looked up to be faced with the snow storm. Even though I have never met Techno, at least as Ghostinnit, a part of me was willing to give up my life for him.

"Let's go find my brother."

I walked down the stairs to find Techno at the exact same spot I left him at, by the fireplace with a brown blanket around him. MH who came down stairs right after me walked over to Techno, at first he sniffed him then he rub against Techno and plump right down next him, MH was more cat than cow. I made some hot chocolate for the both of us, when I sat down across from him, I could see he was human more than pig this time. He still had his ears, but other than that, he was human. His eyes were puffy and red, and dried of color, he only looked at the fire, not moving at all. So I put the mug next to him and drank a bit of mine, staring at the fire as well. It was like this for a while, just us staring at fire, wondering who would speak first. It was him who spoke first.

"What happened to him?" I turned to him as he moved his eyes towards me, they blank and stalled. I sat up a bit straighter and shifted a bit, I was really hoping that I would never have to do this, I never wanted to be the one who told Tommy's brothers that he was gone, at least I wasn't telling Philz. I sigh as I try to collect my thoughts, half of me still wanted to lie, to say that he wasn't dead and that he just ran away from all of us. That I only said he was dead because I panic, but that wasn't right, and I knew it.

"It's a really long story...." I knew that wasn't going to stop him, but I had to try, anything to get me out of this situation.

"I have no where I need to be, I've got all the time in the world." SoI told him everything, how Tommy grew depressed everyday, how I only made everything worse, and finally, how Tommy died. He didn't say a word through the whole thing. I closed my eyes as I let out a shaky breath, after I told Techno everything I felt as if a weight had been lifted from my chest. The secret of his death was no longer mine to bear alone, I don't know why I felt so much better now that someone else, who was alive, knew about Tommy.

"You killed him......" My heart dropped when he said that, he wasn't wrong but hearing someone say that out loud was crushing, I looked away from Techno as I slowly nodded my head yes.

"I-I regret every bit of it, not a day goes by when I call myself a monster." Techno got up, I didn't make a single move. His hand turned into a fist, and his voice was stern.

"Why? Why did you have to make him suffer?" That's when I stood up, his eyes were cold, sending chills through my body.

"I....I can't give you an answer that you would accept." I said honestly, it was true, I couldn't even give myself an answer that I would accept. That's when I felt his fist on the cheek of my face, I stumbled backwards completely surprised by his actions. MH moved out the way quickly and back away, Techno grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and punched me again with full force. He knocked off my mask, it fell to the ground.

"How could you!? He was only a child! All he ever did was take thoughts stupid dump disks! You could have easily gotten more! Yet you had to take what was his, you had to make him suffer, you had to take it too far......" he started to sob, he let me go, I went over to my mask and put on, it had a slight crack in it, nothing I couldn't fix. I looked at Techno as I rubbed my cheek, it hurt like hell. 

"I'm sorry, I really am. I regret it every day from the moment I wake up, to when I fall asleep. Even then, he hunts me in my dreams. I would take everything back in a heartbeat...." Techno looked at me with pure hate.

"Sorry? Sorry!? Do you think sorry will bring him back?! Do you think you feeling sorry for yourself will bring him?! You knew very will what you were doing, yet you went on with it! You didn't stop for a minute to think how your actions will affect others! You're selfish and cruel, and you don't deserve to live." I pulled out a knife that I put in my pocket before I came down here, he only gave a dark chuckle and shook his head.

"I won't kill you now, or tomorrow. I will make you look over your shoulder every second of your life, I will take everything for you! As you did with my brother. Dream, I won't just kill you. I'll hunt you down to the very End like a poor old dog." I froze up at his threat, he went to the door without another word, but before he left he looked back over at me.

"Don't you think I will keep this to myself Dream, I'll tell anyone who asks, then destroy L'emanburg along with you. For they have also turned their backs on him, they will regret the day when they crossed me and Tommy."

And with that he left, I looked over at MH who was watching the whole thing, he tilted his head a little and gave out a little moo. I sigh, I was tired of fighting and worrying. I got ready to go out, I needed to tell Tubbo before Techno does, and tell Tommy the truth about his past. I didn't want to leave MH, so I brought him with me.

For once, I'll be truthful. 

My gosh, I can't wait to see where this goes~ Also for those who are worry about me pulling all nighters for this book, I'm fine, I promise. I love to write and I take any change I can to write! Even if that means staying up late, like right now with this book, my mind gets all crazy about it and wants to work on it, and it's not for the votes or readers (Even though I do enjoy seeing you guys loving this story) it's for my pure happiness. I get happy when I write this book, so don't worry, I'm taking care of myself. I promise. Thanks for caring about me <3 -Cotton ^^