Chapter 5: Brothers

hey guys I want to say thank you for everything! I'm so proud that this book is doing so well! Thank you ^^ really. I love you guys!-Cotton 

Dream walked away, leaving me all alone. I looked down and kicked the floor, I looked up at the sky, it was turning a warm orange color as clouds slowly passed by, it would be a shame to just waste the rest of this wonderful evening. I could take a walk, without freaking anyone out. So I did, I walked to where the town was, it was really pretty. I watched as people passed by and all of them looked familiar. Like I knew them somehow, I simply shrugged it off, maybe I knew them when I was alive. I made a note to ask Dream about it when I see him tomorrow, I looked at the house with lights and Christmas decorations. Everyone was so busy, they were all working, carrying things back and forth. There was one point where they ran into each other, I smiled and giggled, it was a funny sight to see them trying to get back up as quick as possible to get back to work on making the town to like a Christmas wonderland. I walked out of the town and up a huge staircase, I walked past two houses, both looked not too good. One was made out of wood and the other had a huge hole in the middle of it.....soooo yeah, not so good. I walked past both of them, and turned left. I walked down some stairs, there was a house that looked like cookies, it had snow on top of it, I looked over to a small parking lot, wait-what the hell is a parking lot? I mean do we even have cars? What are even cars?! I shook my head to get the silly thoughts out of my head. I continued down the path, I walked past a bunch of huge candy canes. They were so pretty, I stopped there and sat at the edge of the path, I swing my keens as I hum the same tune that I hummed when I was taking down the tower. The sky soon turned dark and the stars came out, I looked up at the stars, they were beautiful. I let out a breath, it was so calm and nice, I reached into my pocket and took out the compass. I stare at it for a good minute, Why is this the only thing I have after I died? What's so special about it? I look up and sign. I wish Dream was here...I can talk to him at least, maybe even ask him questions about my past life. He didn't seem happy to see though, maybe I did something bad to him when I was alive, maybe that's why he is the only one who can see me. I need to fix what I did to him! But how can I even do that when I remember nothing of my life? Whoever did this needs to rethink how to do this.

"Tommy?..." I looked to where the person called my name, there was another ghost there, he had a soft yellow color sweater on with a light grey beanie on his head. His skin was all grey, eyes silver and bright.

"Hello....I guess other ghosts can see me..." He dropped something that was blue in hands and ran over to me, he dropped to his keens and hugged me so tightly. I didn't hug back though, I didn't know who he was, and I was shocked by the fact that he could see me.

"Tommy what happened! Who did this to you!? Oh, Tommy I'm so sorry!" He was crying into my shirt, I didn't know what to do, what was I supposed to do? So awkwardly I pat his back,

"Umm...not to be mean or anything...but who are you?" He stopped for a moment, he pulled away and looked straight in my eyes.

"What do you mean? I'm Ghostbur! Your big brother, you know?" His tears were black and stained his face, he cupped my face as he scanned my face.

"Oh...you don't know..." He let go of my face, and hung his head, he turned away.

"I'm-I'm sorry, to be fair, I don't remember anything. In fact the only reason I know my name is because of someone named Dream." He snapped up his head and looked at me,

"Dream? You saw him? When?" He grabbed onto my shoulders, it kinda scared me at first, but I saw he meant no harm.

"A while ago, I kinda scared him since he was the only one who could see and hear me. He thought he was going crazy." I laugh at Dream silliness, just because you are the only one who sees the person doesn't mean you're crazy!

"O-oh...wait, others can't see you? Only Dream can?" He let go of my shoulders and raised an eyebrow. I turned away from him and looked at the stars. I only shrugged.

"Yeah. I don't mind though, as long I have someone to talk to I'm fine." It was quite after that. We just sat there.

"So you're my older brother? Am I the youngest?" I felt his eyes land on me, but I didn't look at him, I didn't want to look at him.

"Um, yeah you are, I'm the middle child then we have one more named Technoblade, but he's only older than me by one minute." I have two older brothers, one of them is a ghost.

"Is the other alive?" I asked, I kept my eyes on the stars, I tried to count them as best as I could.

"Yeah, Techno is alive and well!" good, at least we are not all dead.

"Do we have parents?" I messed with the compass in my hand a bit.

"Yes we do! We have an amazing dad, his name is Philza, I don't know about our mom though..." I felt him take his eyes off me, that's when I looked at him, he was looking down with a thinking face on. As if he was trying to remember anything about his mom, well I guess our mom. That's when I got up and started to walk home.

"Where are you going?" Ghostbur asked

"Home, it's getting late." I walk up that stairs, I hear light footsteps follow me

"Can I come?" He asked, I stop and thought about it for a second

"I don't see why not." So he came along with me. I guess I won't be alone.