Walk back to the house was slow and once he was there, he ate a piece of bread with little milk and called it a day, trying to forget the uneasiness in his heart at the thought of Seoyun.

°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°

Despite the still lingering tiredness, he woke up early the next morning and was on time in his cabin. Of course, he had to skip breakfast for the day to maintain the remaining food for the whole month.

He was again met with heavy piles of files and like a hardworking boy, he did the work.

Seoyun was nowhere to be seen and that kind of made him a bit relaxed as well because he wasn't ready to face her.

"Do a recheck after the break Kim and send the files to my email," Minho broke his bubble of silence after patting his shoulder.

"Sure," Taehyung replied simply and turned back to the screen as he watched the employees leaving the cabins with huge smiles, stretching their arms and legs to feel relaxed. The poor boy sighed when his stomach rumbled at the thought of food but he slightly slapped his poor tummy.

"Don't be noisy, you hungry hole." He scolded his protesting stomach and turned back to the screen to complete the work.

The rest of the day was blurry for him as he was just digging his head into the screen but he did come to know that Seoyun was on leave for the day and the next one as well.

Luckily, he didn't come across the CFO and as the day was smooth enough, he was so damn sure that the arrogant person was nothing but bad luck for him. A sense of relief washed over him when he passed through the same area where he spotted the CFO with his crush yesterday night but found no one today.

In the house, he was greeted by the man this time who gave him a look that Taehyung couldn't comprehend.

"Who is he can you tell me again?" Taehyung heard him when he was at the top of the stairs.

"A distant relative." His aunt answered from the kitchen. That's all Taehyung heard before entering the room.

He changed and had a piece of bread before calling his mother.

"Hello, mom. How are you and my baby girl?" He asked while setting his bed.

"My dear son, she is fine now but again not talking much. All the tests are fine except for one. The doctor recommended some medications on a daily basis... but it's okay. H-how is my son?"

Taehyung sadly smiled and plopped on the worn-out mattress, phone pressed against his left cheek as he was lying on the left side

"I'm fine mom... I'm fine." He said though he was well aware that he was anything but fine.

In the past years, he had to bear the hunger many times but it wasn't this much worse. He used to do many part-time jobs at that time but now he can't even do that. The burden of the heavy responsibility on his shoulders and the little heartbreak was also hurting him badly, just adding to his misery.

°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○

"Yes Sir?"

"Oh come here Taehyung. Please help me sort out these." Mr. Park said while moving here and there in the office.