21: Duality

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

Why he is looking so emotionless? Well, he is always like that, Tae!

"I'm talking to you, Kim?!" Taehyung snapped out of his little thoughts on the stern voice of the raven-haired who was sending daggers through his eyes.

Licking his lips unconsciously, Taehyung stepped forward and hung his head.

Just get it over with, say sorry Tae.. do it..do it.

He cheered himself a bit before opening his mouth.

"I-"

"Didn't you leave this office on your will? As far as I remember, you said something to me." Taehyung gulped visibly because he was sure that the other was angry, mad at him.

His fingers were entangled with each other as he was trying to make up good words to convey his apology.

"I'm sorry Sir." He mumbled lightly.

"What?"

"I- I'm sorry." Jungkook chuckled at that and stepped towards the other with his heavy steps.

"For what? Insulting me in front of my whole staff? For leaving after that without any apology? Or- for not coming back?" Taehyung stepped back just as Jungkook advanced toward him. Each step held authority and Taehyung felt like cowering, for the first time he felt like cowering under the gaze of the other because, this time his job was at risk.

"Kim-"

"I'm sorry ok. I- I was so tense about many things, I couldn't understand what happened so suddenly and I burst out on you. But please, don't fire me. I- I really need this job." His desperate voice caused the male standing in front of him at a reduced distance to frown.

Jungkook opened his mouth to say something but Taehyung was more desperate, so he did something very unexpected. He knelt in front of the other who was totally surprised by the antics of the brunet.

"Please, Mr. Jeon. I promise it won't happen again. I'll try my best."

"Ki-"

"I- swear, I didn't mean to insult you in front of them... I- *cough* I'll apologize to you in front of the whole *cough* whole staff. Just-" His words stopped as two arms grabbed his shoulders firmly yet gently and helped him up to the couch.

Jungkook went back to his table to grab the lidded glass of water and came back to the couch where Taehyung was having a coughing fit, the aftermath of the cold.

"Here. Drink some and don't exhaust yourself." Taehyung blinked confused but took the glass to have some water in his itchy throat.

"Thank you." His voice was very low, like a whisper but definitely heard by the other who hummed lightly before taking the glass back.

"You still didn't answer me, Kim. Why are you here?" Just when Taehyung thought a bit good about the CFO, he was back on the dreading topic.

"T- to.. to work?" Jungkook cocked his brow at the tone that was more like a question rather than an answer.

"And why?" Taehyung felt his heart almost on the verge of dropping. He licked his lips again and got up from the couch, though his limbs were shaking in utter fear of losing his job.