45: Reasons

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

"You.. these are for you,  Taehyung."

Taehyung blinked surprised all while the other was just staring at him for some sort of reaction that was hard to come by.

"Taehyung?"

"Oh God, hyung you got me for a second." Taehyung nervously chuckled getting the words as a joke. Jungkook sighed once the younger kept avoiding eye contact until their order was there. Although, the brunet grabbed the offered bouquet and placed it on the table.

"Thank you." Jungkook thanked the waitress who bowed with a smile and left the two.

Taehyung was still looking around, not even glancing at the raven-haired male in front of him, and that made Jungkook a bit disappointed.

"It feels like you don't like my company." Taehyung jerked his head to the older on the words.

"What? No!"

"Then why are you avoiding me like that, again?" The brunet bit his lower lip and grabbed the chopsticks. The word again made him feel guilty, he surely gave his new friend the wrong idea by his panicked reaction. 

"I'm sorry, hyung. I didn't mean that. I'm just a bit.. how to put it, a bit worried?" He chuckled awkwardly but Jungkook could feel that the other was really uncomfortable because of some reason.

"You can tell me anything, you know that, right?" Taehyung nodded his head but how he can talk with the other when he was the reason for the restlessness in his heart and mind?

For a few minutes, there was silence between them after which Taehyung made himself busy with the pasta he ordered while Jungkook lost his appetite just by the look of the other. But, somehow he managed to eat the food.

"It's getting cold, do you want something to drink? I'm ordering a coffee for myself." Jungkook again tried to strike up a conversation.

"No, I'm fine."

The way Taehyung was reacting, made Jungkook feel defeated in every way. He came all the way to make a good move to make sure about his feelings about the other, but to his dismay, the brunet seemed not even getting a hint from his words or actions.

The whole situation just made another crack in his heart. It felt like he was again going to lose someone, but this time the loss will be the biggest one.

His trance of thoughts broke on a wince by a familiar voice and his eyes widened in horror as he saw the brunet hissing in pain because of the very hot liquid that burnt his whole arm, making his button-up shirt sleeve stick to his skin.

"What the hell!" Jungkook seethed at the waitress who was already apologizing for the mistake.

Very gently, Jungkook grabbed Taehyung's other arm and followed the waitress to the restroom to do the first aid.