3: Avoiding the curse

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

Opening the lock gave him a light smile as he was sure his tired and cold body could finally rest. Even though he was paying a fair share for the double-story house, his so-called aunt still had not agreed to give him the key to the house, how ironic.

"Good evening aunt." He greeted the lady in her late thirties.

"Hm. Come inside." She said monotone, not even a very polite way to greet someone.

Taehyung quickly nodded his head, entered the small house, and walked to the stairs to go to his room. He quickly changed into comfortable clothes and decided to have something light for dinner. Walking towards the little kitchen that comprised of a small stove and a few wooden boxes that he used to put a few utensils and groceries he had, he opened the little fridge to find nothing but an old pack of milk that must be outdated by now and two eggs. It was needed to go for the groceries but now he was left with no money.

Sighing, he walked towards the cabinet to check for anything else. Fortunately, he found a pack of ramen and without thinking more, he cooked that and enjoyed it within minutes. After washing his used things, he decided to call it a day and plopped on the old mattress that his aunt gave him when he rented this portion of the house, her old one as she replaced it with a new one. He was grateful for that as otherwise, he had to sleep on the floor. However, the mattress was still on the floor without any proper bed. But he never complained about that, being more focused on his responsibilities, he barely cared for his comfort in all these years.

Another tired sigh left his lips when he felt very uncomfortable due to the uneasiness in the pit of his stomach.

"I hope she is fine now." He was deadly worried for his little sister. They never were close enough to share many good memories but still, he always cared for her.

"Everything will be fine soon booba. I'll visit you soon with lots of candies." He chuckled lightly at his thought and finally after many hours of tossing and turning, he was in his deep slumber.

°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°

"Jeez, I'm gonna be late at this rate."Mumbling hastily he grabbed the towel to dry his face and then walked to grab some clothes from a small and very old closet that he found at a very cheap price. His old phone betrayed him and his alarm got off instead of being snoozed. He couldn't sleep early last night, the thing caused him to wake up late... poor boy.

His eyes roamed on the few decent clothes he had, causing him to groan at the lack of casual clothes for his job.

He opted for his black jeans and a white tee and grabbed his only coat to wear to save himself from the cold.

A very brief glance in the mirror to set his hair, and he was all ready... with no breakfast. He quickly dashed out of the room and descended the stairs to find his aunt standing at the door while talking to someone with a smile.

He bowed to her lightly with a smile. "Good morning aunt, have a good day." She only nodded her head in response and gave him a little space to move out.

Just when he moved out of the house, he saw a man in his early thirties entering the house as his aunt allowed him.

"Never saw him before," Taehyung muttered under his breath as he always saw his aunt alone after the death of her husband one year ago.

He shook his head as he glanced over the watch. "Shoot! Run Taehyung." He quickly started running towards the main road but then he realized that he was short on money so he had to walk- run to the office.