Chapter Thirty Eight

7 MONTHS LATER.....

" Sanem, do you have the new graphics ready for the ad yet, they need to go to the printer? Aziz asked, sticking his head in the office door. " Grandpa,.." Beni yelled, " I want to get ice cream but mom's to busy, can you take me?" He asked, clinging onto his leg. Sanem shook he head, " Beni, I told you later, grandpa is busy too, so just be patient, please." She looked at Aziz, with a sorry look on her face. Aziz smiled, " I would love some ice cream, mother, if you don't mind, I will take him for ice cream, and then across the street to the park." He said, his eyes lighting up. Beni, screamed and jumped up ready to go. Can walked in, " Whats going on,?" He asked. "We're going for ice cream, just me and grandpa." Beni said defiantly. And off they went, hand and hand, down the hall. Can staring after them, " I think that boy has grandpa wrapped around his finger." he stated, with a smile. Sanem, had been so busy she hadn't heard half of what he said, " Hey there, Mrs.Divit, your husband is talking to you." He chimed, waving his hands in front of her face. She looked up, " Sorry babe, just trying  to get these graphics in, so they can get to the printer. What were you saying?" She said, leaning in towards him, giving him her undivided attention. " I say, let's finish up, and call it a day." He said, staring into her eyes, delivering a message loud and clear. She smiled, " Sounds good, but what about Beni, he just left with your dad." She said. 

Before they either one could say another word, Emre yelled down the hall, " Can, Sanem, come on, Leila just called, her water broke......it's time." He spewed, as he started down the hallway. Sanem grabbed her bag and then followed Emre out, trying to calm him down. " No Emre, I'm driving, just get in the back, and shut up." Can said, starting up the car and taking off. After picking up Leila, the ride to the hospital was pure pandemonium, with Emre losing any and all control at the sight of his wife in labor. They arrived at the hospital, with no time to spare, as they wheeled her down the hallway. Sanem had called their parents, and they were on their way, but they neither one had arrived yet. With Aziz having Beni, he was the last to arrive, after the Aydins. Emre was in a state of shock, vowing this would be their one and only child, after witnessing the true sense of the word labor. But within two hours, they had welcomed into their lives, a baby girl, happy and full of life. The feeling of emptiness crept in as Sanem walked into the room, looking at her sister and the tiny baby she had just brought into the world, " Abla, she is beautiful, perfect in every way." She whispered, leaning in to have a closer look. Leila smiled,   " Don't worry sister, it will happen for you too, I'm sure of it." She said, knowing the feelings she was having. Sanem nodded in agreement, trying not to get to caught up in her own thoughts,       " The name, you never told me what you were going to name her." She said. " Emira,....after grandmother, I haven't told mom yet, but that had to be her name." She stated. Sanem's eyes glistened with the tears of joy, " Emira Divit,..welcome to our family, and our hearts." She whispered, kissing her tiny fingers. 

The next hour was a whirlwind of emotion, as Mevkibe, Nihat and Aziz  welcomed in their granddaughter. Can was just as taken with the tiny human as her own father, not being able to take his eyes off her. Sanem's feelings for him shouted with joy as she watched the tenderness that he had for this baby. He was a great father, and she so wanted to gift him the opportunity to live this experience. Her heart yearned for it.... The choice of the name had met with yet another wave of euphoria, as Mevkibe showered the namesake of her own mother with love and kisses. Emre was beyond happy, but still vowed to never live that experience again, as he looked lovingly at his perfect daughter. Leila was sure he would forget the trauma he had just been through sooner or later and the need for a playmate for Emira would be evident. Beni had no idea was going on, " Momma, why is it so small, and why is it crying so much." I think it doesn't like it here." He announced, sure he knew the infants secret. Sanem and Can tried to explain It all without a lot of detail. 

It was late when they got home, Beni was fussy and it was way past his bedtime, so the got him down, ready to sit and relax themselves. They missed Luis, but he had been invited to join a soccer camp for a week and he was overjoyed about it. It seemed Can wasn't handling his absence as well as Luis was, but he would be back at the end of the week. Sleep was hard for again that night, as she thought about Leila and Emira, and how happy they both had been. She wanted that happiness, that feeling of being able to hold her own flesh and blood, something that they had created together. She pushed the feelings away, out of her head, but they refused to leave her heart. She wanted it so bad, so bad it almost made her believe she was pregnant. She took this time to write, the middle of the night seemed to be the magic hour for her, it allowed her heart and mind to speak freely, as she described her feelings on paper. She wrote out all of her desires, her fears, the plans she had for the future, and they all included the making of their family.

It was 5:00 in the morning when she slipped back into the bedroom, and saw him sleeping there, so peaceful and calm, so accepting of everything in his life. She knew he had changed since their meeting almost 5 years ago. He had been a free spirit, a drifter, a maker of his own destiny, until he met her. Now she knew he had willingly sought her, required her to be in his life, needing her to be with him. And she felt the same about him, but her feelings went deeper, they were begging her to give him that gift of a child, their own child, she hoped she could deliver that to him....

She lifted the covers and slipped in, her body forming to him as he slept. He was always so warm, she loved the feeling of his skin,  she thought, as she let her hand glide down his back. He shifted in bed, rolling over to face her, he breathed deeply, " Sanem, you smell so good,"  he whispered, not opening his eyes, but touching her face with his hand. " Come here,....closer to me, I need all of you." He said, his voice low. She reacted, moving closer to him, letting her skin mold to his. That feeling of,  being as one, was strong and defined, as they breathed in sync with one another. Can stroked her skin as he felt that thrill of her vibrate through him. They were both ready and willing to ride that wave of desire and passion to the end, pleasing  each other, as only they could.

She stayed close to him, almost clinging to him as she let herself recover from their vigorous lovemaking. She closed her eyes welcoming this feeling, a feeling she loved....                                       

But....this time she felt more than fulfilled, like she had finally conquered it, as she laid there cradled in his arms. Her body seemed charged with electricity, this time was different, she seemed changed, she thought. 

" Different,....but she didn't know how different".....  " Changed, but she wasn't sure how much.

Regardless....she would soon find out.