Chapter Thirty Six

Can  had taken on a few jobs with the agency, just to help out. The company had taken a growth spurt and were being sought after from some of the major companies in Istanbul. His dad wanted him and Sanem back full time but Can wouldn't hear if it, " Dad I need to be there for Sanem and the boys, it's a lot of work and taking care of the house itself is time consuming. Sanem and Beni would come to the office at times, when Can had to work, but he always spent more time playing with Beni than working. Sanem didn't have much desire to come back to the agency, but the need to write was still foremost in her mind. She would take her notebook with her when they played outside to record everything they did, she had lost count of the number of  notebooks she had stacked in her desk in the library. As busy as her family kept her, she would still find herself dreaming of the day she have their own child to play and grow with..

The day started out chaotic as usual, Can was going to the agency, for a few hours and then to school to watch Luis's game, " Sanem why don't you and Beni come with  me to then office and then we'll go to the game together, I know my dad and Mihriban would be happy to see Beni." He said, as he kissed her on the neck. Both of the boys yelled, " Yuk, don't do that to mom." Snarling up their noses. Can laughed, " Why, your mother loves it,...don't you mommy." Can said, intentionally smothering her face with big sloppy kisses. The boys howled in laughter, as Sanem pretended to fight him off. The boys had grown so much since that first day they arrived in there new home, Beni had just turned three and Luis's 11th birthday was just around the corner. Can shooed Luis off to the bathroom to brush his teeth, while Sanem got Beni dressed to go with Can. Everyone in the office was glad to see Sanem and Beni, but Beni was especially glad  to see CeyCey. He ran to him always ready for a hug from him, " Uncle CeyCey, can I set at your desk with you." He begged, with CeyCey at the mercy of the small child. Sanem laughed as the two buddied up at his desk together. She went to find her sister, she hadn't seen her in a while, and she wanted to catch up with her life. She saw her in Emre office, and she watched for a minute, the couple looked so happy, as he hugged her before she left the room. She came out the door and met Sanem in the hall, " Abla, how are you," she asked, hugging her up close to her. Sanem felt something special about her that day, " Leila, I'm fine, how are you?" She asked. Her sister hurried her into her office, " Sit down Sanem,....I'm so glad you came today,"  she said her eyes filling with tears. 

Emre and Can were in a meeting their dad and Mihriban. A campaign for a major cosmetic firm had them all working hard to deliver the best ad ever. " Emre, Can, if we snag this campaign the agency will be set for a long time," Aziz said. " And Can I would love it if you and Sanem would return to work, as least on a part time basis to manage it." He announced. Can knew Sanem would be good for this campaign, but getting her to agree would be the thing. " Dad, I'm not sure, let me talk it over with Sanem." That means we would have to get a nanny for Beni in the day, and I'm not sure if either one of them would go for that." He stated. Aziz was adamant about it, " We will work around it son, Beni can always just run around here with all of us if need be." Maybe he could start learning the business." He said, giving Can a wink. Can knew he had his work cut out for him if he was to convince Sanem to return to work. " I can't make any promises dad, but I will talk to her about it. You know we've been trying to have a baby, so that has her undivided attention right now." He said. Emre perked up in his chair, " Oh really, I thought.....Can looked at him, " You thought what?......that we wouldn't want anymore children, well your wrong. We both want more babies." He said, defiantly. Emre shifted his eyes away, knowing he had touched a sore spot with his brother. Aziz spoke up, " Great,....but you can work and still try to have a baby, ..right? He said, trying to lighten the mood. 

Had she heard her sister right,...she was pregnant, she was going to have a baby.  The very thing that was in her own mind constantly, and Leila and Emre were going to have it. The jealousy started to erupt in her mind, but she fought it, " Abla,...I'm so happy for you both. When did you find out." She asked, swallowing back the tears of disappointment that was gripping her heart. Leila's face was beaming, as Sanem stayed focused on the news trying to be happy. " Oh, Sanem, we just found out yesterday. I went to the doctor to confirm the pregnancy test, and sure enough,......I'm pregnant! The doctor said I'm 6 weeks along, so we have a long way to go. Sanem saw the love in her face and all the jealousy melted away, she knew that feeling of love for another human, though Beni might not have been her flesh and blood, he was non the less a child that had filled her heart with love. The sister hugged, " Sanem, I have never seen Emre so happy, he's so excited." She said. " Oh,..don't say anything just yet, we'll make the announcement to the family in a few days, but I'm sure Emre will tell Can." She spouted. 

They had done all that could be done with the new campaign, all that was left was the presentation. " Can, do you think you can come to the presentation, I could really use the support." Mihriban stated, giving him a desperate look. Can smiled, " Sure, just let me know the day and time." He said. He had come to admire this woman so much, she had changed his dad, gave him a reason to live again. But for some reason, she hadn't given his dad the fulfillment of becoming his wife. He didn't know the reasoning for it and had never asked, but as far as he knew, there wouldn't be a wedding. But his dad seemed at peace with that decision, and that was all that mattered. Can went to Emre's office and tapped on the door, " Hey Abi, can I come in?" He asked,  knowing he needed to apologize for his rude behavior earlier. " Yes, come in,.....hey I'm sorry if I touched a nerve earlier, I just didn't realize........Can held up his hand, " No, I'm sorry for my reaction, it's just we have tried for over three years now and.....nothing." He said, rubbing his face with his hand. " I hope there's not a problem, but I'm going to keep on trying." He said, with a smile and a slight laugh. Emre was never good at hiding his feelings, as he hung his head, wanting to tell his brother his news, but afraid of the effects of it, " Emre, hey what is it? I know that look, what's wrong? Can asked, draping his arm around his brother shoulder. 

" Ok,....well, don't tell anyone, but....and don't be upset, " Leila just found out she's pregnant."

"We're going to have a baby Can," can you believe it......

Can smiled, but the news had stabbed him in the heart......" Really,..I'm so happy for you, he said, giving him a hug.......

His next thought was of Sanem, how would this news affect her, he wondered, as he choked back his own tears.