Chapter Five

The next morning they headed out for their trip to Machu Picchu. They were both extremely excited about their first trip up to the ruins. Cans assistant, Salvador had met them at the bus station to accompany them there. They had their paperwork showing him as a photo journalist, and the 48 hour pass to stay within the town. They had tents to stay in and a designated area in which to reside. After the time limit you had to move locations and obtain another 48 hour pass. All of this was very time consuming, and he was glad to representative from the magazine office had setup all the details for them. But the sight of such a wonder was breathtaking. Sanem went with the group on the first trip, just to see the sight for  herself, and experience the grandeur of it all. She was amazed by it, for a girl from the historic district in Istanbul, that had never been outside of Turkey, this was overwhelming. Can was amazing, taking photo after photo, she loved to watch him work. She could understand why it was going to take several weeks to capture all the features of the wonder of the world. 

The group had been allotted an area to stay, which was close to the place called The Temple of the Sun. The atmosphere around the ruins was that of a religious sanctuary, and she learning of all its history had her obsessed. Her notebook was nearly full, as her and Can wandered about, taking notes and talking to the other people that where there. After the 48 hours pass, they had to take the bus back to the town to apply for another pass and location. Can was definitely in his element, snapping pictures everywhere they went. She was glad to get back to their little apartment, the tent life had never really appealed to her, but she was happy to be wherever Can was. He had gone to have the photos developed that he had taken there, as she started dinner. Can had planned to return to the ruins the next day with his assistants, and would be there for 2 days. So Sanem would be on her own, something she wasn't looking forward to. But she would get by, after all this was a trip of a lifetime, and with her magnificent husband, who could ask for anything more. His excitement had sparked her interest as well, she was still writing when he returned from town. The dinner was a light one, since she had to cook herself, but they only wanted to spend this evening together, wrapped in each other's arms, " Sanem are you sure you'll be ok here without me?" He asked, holding her tightly. She pouted, " No, but this is what I signed up for, so I'll have to get use to it." she said, kissing him on the neck. He hated to leave her, every fiber of his body wanted to keep her with him, this close, her body molded to his, her smell surrounding him. But he knew he couldn't. His job had been a lot easier when he was on his own, with no one to care about, no one he was going to worry. But his heart had been filled with this woman, his other half, his everything, and all of a sudden this work was unimportant. The feel of her skin was all he cared about and her smell was what kept him breathing, " Would he be able to leave her for as little as 2 days." He wondered, as he ran his hands over every curve of her body. Within minutes she had him desperate to have her, to fill himself with her love, to satisfy that animal desire inside him....

He gave Esteban the last minute instructions, " Dont let her talk you into doing something you know you shouldn't, she's really good at that. If you think it's not a good thing to do, don't do it." He ordered. " Stay with her at all times, don't let her sneak off from you." He said, feeling his nerves on edge. He wasn't sure if would be able to take 2 months of this, having to leave her alone at times, so he was determined to make quick work of his assignment. The goodbye was torture, and watching her standing there at the bus station, waving goodbye to him was agony. He waved back trying to keep away the  tears that burned his eyes. Sanem felt horrible, as she watched them drive away, 48 hours without him, it wouldn't be easy, but Esteban had made up a list of things to see and do, so she was looking forward to it. But most of all, she wanted to visit the orphanage again, it had never left her mind since the first day she saw it.

Can took advantage of his time alone to call Emre and check on the renovations of the mansion, " Emre, how are things going on the house, is it all on schedule?" He asked. Emre was happy to hear from him, he had gotten use to having his brother around in the past few months. " Abi, it's going as planned, actually a little ahead of schedule." He replied. "And the decor is great, Leila is doing a great job. We are working some long hours together, but I'm not complaining." He said, with a laugh. Can was surprised, " Whats up Emre, did I fix up more than our home, did I also fix you up with a good woman for once." He spouted, feeling a bit of relief. Emre sighed, "Well, you might say that, I find her very appealing, and refreshing. She has peaked my interest, if you know what I mean." He said. "But with that being said, we have worked very well together and the job is coming along." Can urged him to stay on schedule and keep his personal life in check while they finished up the job. The group reached the site where they were to set up camp, it was even more beautiful than the site the day before. He wished Sanem was with to see all these things with him, but he know he had a job to do and he wanted it to be the best work he had ever done. 

Esteban knocked in the door of the apartment, and waited for her to open the door, " Hello Esteban, come in, would you like tea?" She asked, motioning for him to come in. He came and sat down, while she poured the tea. He wasn't so much a tea drinker but he didn't want to offend her. She was excited to get started, " So what do your have planned for us today?" She asked him. He gave her a list of places he wanted to show her and a good outdoor cafe he wanted her to try. " There's one place I want to go, and that's the church, I really want to go back to the orphanage, can we do that?" She asked him, her eyes begging him. He could see what Can was talking about when it came to letting her talk him into things, but this was a good thing, but not necessarily an easy thing to do. The church didn't allow tourist to visit the orphanage, so to get her an invitation to visit would be difficult. " Mrs. Divit, it's not a usual occurrence, but I will do my best to get you an invitation to visit." He said, hoping he wasn't going to get her hopes up.

Sanem was willing to do any thing, she just wanted to help. She grabbed her notebook and pen, along with her phone and they started out. The people there were generous and friendly, making her feel right at home, as they made their way through the town. How she wished Can was there, she missed him already, she hoped the next 2 days would go by quickly........