Chapter Thirty Five

The trip home had been a long one, but neither of the children complained. It was an adventure of a lifetime for Luis, and Beni was still to young to know the meaning of it all. There was a longer delay in Rome, so the arrival time of Istanbul had been pushed back by an hour. The plane landed at 7:30pm, and with an hour drive from the airport to their house, it was going to be a late night for both the boys. Leila and Emre met them at the gate with open arms, just as excited as they were, to meet the children. " Sanem, Beni is adorable," Leila said, hugging him tightly to her. Sanem smiled, " I know, I just can't get enough of him." She exclaimed, her face filled with love. Luis had never seen a place this large before, as they drove through the city towards their home. His eyes were wide and full of wondering. " Dad is this all just one town?" He asked, making Can smile. He had accepted the change of events, and the new order of his life very quickly, as calling Can dad had rolled off his tongue with ease. " Yes son, it is, and this isn't all of it either. We'll take a tour of the whole city very soon." Can said. The two exchanged a glance that warmed Sanem's heart, as they acknowledged their new titles. 

The arrival at the Divit Mansion was low key, the rest of the family would wait until tomorrow to meet the boys. Luis was taking it all in, as he walked the rooms on the first floor with his mouth open. " So this is just our house, just for us?" He asked staring at Sanem. She smiled at him, " Yes Luis, this is our home, your home, for the rest of your life. Beni had already adapted to it all, scooting around on the floor, exploring everything at ground level.  Leila  and Emre delivered the news of their upcoming marriage and the proposal of having the wedding there. " It's seems only fitting to have the wedding here, since this home is what brought us together."Emre said, looking into Leila's eyes. Sanem squealed with delight, hugging her sister tight. " Yes, yes, yes.....that would be perfect, She said, turning to give Emre a hug. She was seeing a different side of Emre Divit, a softer side, a side that she was beginning to love, as the couple said their good nights a left. Leila and Sanem would get together to plan the wedding as soon as they got settled into their new lives. 

Luis loved his room, " This room is bigger than the room at the orphanage, and it was for all 4 of us." He said, his eyes tearing up. He hugged them both, and got ready for bed. " This is your bathroom, just for you, so you don't have to share." Can said, showing him around. Within minutes they had him tucked in bed and he was drifting off to sleep. Beni's room was the one closest to their bedroom, just so they could hear him in the night. He had already fell asleep in Sanem's arms so they tucked him in and watched as he snuggled down in the blankets, looking content and happy. " Can how did we get so lucky, we managed to find two perfect children for us." She said, as they stood in the doorway of the nursery. Can kissed the top of her head, " It was meant to be," Can said, " We were suppose to find them, and bring them here." He said, his heart full of love for her. 

Over the next weeks, the new family settled into a routine. Luis quickly got used to the huge home and yard. Can had fixed part of the backyard up with soccer goals so they could play anytime they wanted, which was all the time for Luis. Can loved playing with them, even Beni would try and kick the ball around. Only days after getting them home, Beni had decided that crawling was just a waste of time, and took his first steps while watching Can and Luis in the backyard. Life had become magical for the couple, as the two boys adapted to their new family. Her parents as well as Aziz, had welcomed the children into their hearts, with the boys feeling the same, especially with Nihat. They had bonded quickly with the soft hearted grandfather. Both Can and Sanem fell into bed each night exhausted and happy with their new life, but the desire for his wife was never overshadowed by the feeling of being tired. She gave him that energy he needed, that revival of a lust for her that would never die. 

Leila and Sanem had planned a perfect wedding in 3 months. It was outside, under the stars, with lights strung everywhere. The magic of this place had touched the couple, bringing them together for the rest of their life. That was something Can thought would never happen for his brother. But he couldn't have been more happy for them. Sanem knew how special this place was, even from a young child when she came here to dream, she felt the mystical aura that surrounded the grounds. It had brought her the love of her life, and the family she wanted so badly. But as the timed passed by the hope of them having their own children became more definite and demanding in her thoughts. Another 6 months had gone by, and their lives had molded into happiness, with each day being filled with laughter and love as they watched the boys grow. Luis had found a lot of friends in the new school, and become quite the social butterfly, as he got involved in soccer in school. The language had been easy for him to pickup, Can worked with him intently to make it easy for him. Luis was a quick learner, and school had never been a problem for him, as he excelled at everything he did. 

To say their life was perfect was an understatement, But there was still that desire to have their own child, at least for her there was. She hadn't even spoke to him about it, but at some point she knew she would have to. It had been a year since they had brought the children here to their home. Beni was 2 years old now and thought for sure he didn't need her anymore, as he became more independent, and strong willed. Can told her she was being ridiculous, " Babe, this is what your suppose to do,....raise them to be strong and able to take care of themselves." He said, trying to ease her fears. The act of trying to conceive had never lessened, and the desire of each other only grew stronger as time went by. 

Can knew she had something on her mind that night, as he held her in his arms, " Sanem, you want to say something, but don't know how, I know you." He said, raising her face to meet his. "What is it,...are you getting tired of me." He said, smiling at her, his eyes begging her to talk. "No, not at all my love." She said, stroking his beard with her fingers. He loved it when she did that, it was so pure and intimate to him. She sat up on one arm, looking at him, " I think it's time we start trying to have our own child, it's what you want....isn't it? She said. He smiled, " I thought that's what we have been doing." He whispered, giving her a kiss on the cheek. "No,..yes, well I mean get serious about it." She said, trying to hide her embarrassment. Can smiled, " Sanem we have been married for 3 years and never once have we used protection,......I think we have been serious about it." It will happen my love, when it's time." He said, rolling over  on top of her. " But we can get real serious if you want," he said, sending that chill through her body with just that look. 

"I'm ready when ever you are,......what's they saying, he quoted, " Ready and Willing." He said. 

She giggled, " Ready and willing has never been our problem."........