Chapter Eighteen

Can let her have her time with Beni, and he went to find Luis and the older boys. They had just finished their school work for the day, and was headed outside to play. The boys grabbed him and pulled him outside with them, making him laugh, as they begged him to play soccer with them. They put him through a vigorous work out, especially Luis, but it was the most fun he had all week. He was breathless and tired, but the feeling was great, as the all sat down to rest. Getting to know them was even exciting, they were all such happy boys, even with all they had been through. Luis's mother had died from cancer and his father refused to take care of the children, so he left Luis here at the church and the other son, which was older, ran away to take care of himself. That was four years ago, when Luis was 5 years old. They hadn't heard from either of them since. These children are the hardest to place in a home, and it gets harder as each year goes by, Maria told him. His heart was breaking for these children, what kind of life would they have, if no one opened their hearts to them. After a round of high fives, with the boys, he went to the nursery for Sanem. 

Sanem had played with Beni for a while, until the other babies woke up. Then she took all three of them and put them on the floor, in the middle of the thick plush rug they had in the middle of the room. She loved them all, but Beni was her favorite, and he was the oldest of the three. The other two were only four months old and, and Beni was 6 months old. So he was able to sit up alone, and was trying desperately to crawl. They were all so happy, and content, she was so thankful for the care the orphanage gave them. She knew the couple from before was searching for a baby to adopt, and she hoped beyond hope, they didn't chose Beni. Maybe it was a good thing he had an illness, she thought, they didn't seem to want a baby with any problems. She shook her head to try and throw out any of the bad thoughts she had against those people. "Just good thoughts," she told herself, " Just happy thoughts, that they will chose one of the other babies, and make them a wonderful home." She laid down across the rug, pulling all three of the babies up close to her body, " I hope each of you will live in a home full of love, and become kind and loving people." She whispered to them, as they cooed and kicked on the floor.

Can had snapped probably twenty or more pictures of her there, lying In the middle of all the babies. He watched from the door, so amazed with this woman. She was even more than what he had known her to be, more than that beautiful and sexy woman he married, she had more heart and love inside her than any other person he had ever met. He walked in the room, " Well, what's this, is this playtime." He said, plopping down on the rug beside her. She smiled, " Can, aren't they wonderful, each one of them." She said, her eyes glistening with tears. He kissed her on the forehead, " Yes they are, but you need to be prepared for the possibility of one of them leaving." He stated. " That's what they do here, you know, is find these babies homes to live and grow in." She turned around, looking him in the eyes, " I'm fully aware of that Can, but they need to go to a home that has love, don't you agree." She asked, her black eyes dancing furiously. He nodded in agreement, and smiled at her, he knew he had said to much making her defensive. She turned back to the babies, while Can watched, " She was so special, she loved everything so  much, but sometimes having such love for things could bring the worse kind of heartbreak." He thought. 

They stayed and helped with their feedings and getting them ready for bed, there was no talking her out of it. He was also being pulled into the routine of caring for a baby, he had to admit, these babies were growing on him, especially Beni. She took such care with them that it made him see what kind of mother she would be. The kind he had never had, he had almost been like on of these babies. His mother had turned over the care of him to a nanny when he was only a toddler, and then when Emre came along, she immediately relinquished her duties as a mother, so she could remain in the social status she had grown accustomed to. Neither of them had been shown the love of a mother, not even the degree of love he was seeing from Sanem towards these babies that she didn't even know. He knew their children would have a life full of love and happiness, with them as parent. With the last baby down in their crib, full, dry, and sleepy, he finally got Sanem to leave and go home. They walked towards their apartment, her smiling and happy. He hoped the couple didn't make a decision that would cause his wife to be heartbroken, and him too, for that matter. 

They had a light snack, then Sanem took her notebook and curled up on the sofa to write down all her inner most thoughts of the day, like she did almost every day. He watched her as she wrote, smiling and reliving the day on paper. " Sanem, Maria said that couple would be making a decision about the baby tomorrow, I want you to  be ready for that,...ok." He said, watching for her reaction. She continued to write, not looking at him, " Sanem, you have to be ready for that to  happen." He said again. Her eyes darted towards him with a fiery glare, " No, I don't have to be ready for that, because that's not going to happen, they don't deserve any of those babies." She sniped, her words stinging him. " Do you want them to take one of them, what if they chose Beni." She spewed, throwing her notebook down and hurrying into the bedroom. Can was scared, but he followed her, " Sanem, my love," he said through the bathroom door, " I don't want them to, but we won't be able to stop them if they do." He replied. She opened the door and brushed past him, " Well, not you maybe, but I can sure try." She spit back and him, crawling into bed. He slid in beside her, " My love, please don't let this break you, be happy for the baby they chose, they will have a home, and parents to love them." He whispered in her ear. She jerked around, looking him in the eyes, " So you think those people would give anyone of those babies a happy and loving home.?" Is that what you're saying? She spouted. She turned her back towards him, " Good night Can." She said. He hugged up to her back, slid his arm around her, she felt so good in his arms. He kissed her neck, his hands sliding over her body, he wanted her like crazy. They hadn't  been upset with each other in a very long time, and especially not on this trip, and he didn't like it, as he slowly followed the lines of her body with his hand, " Sanem," he whispered, his voice full of desire for her, " You mean more to me than anything."  She didn't move, but replied, " Good night Can, I want to sleep now." 

He turned to his back,....his heart in his throat

He wouldn't let this come between them,.....he knew she was hurting, and he would do what ever it took to make it better.......he knew that with all his heart.