•|8|•

Elijah Ricci

As expected Amir called in the middle of the night asking for Lauren to go get him, like always she got up and went to Remo's house to bring him home.

That was six hours ago, now they're watching Finding Dory with the girls in the living room with matching onesies. Sienna made them last year during Christmas time, on their backs, it has our last name in the bold silver font; Ricci.

Lauren got up smiling holding her phone to her ear, passing me she went into the kitchen taking out a glass cup.

"Oh, that's his name? Hmph yeah he's cute, the question is what does he having going for himself, and does the money coming into his pocket around the clock" she hums turning around going into the refrigerator

"Babe?"

"Why would anybody want a man who doesn't have shit? You would never see me with a nigga that doesn't have at a car or house to his name let alone a phone bill. It's giving very much dependent vibes, I already have three kids to take care of I wish I would look after a grown-ass man too" scoffing she held up a finger telling me to give her a minute. "my expectations in a man isn't that high whatcha mean? That's about it, I'm twenty-four years old and accomplished so much without needing the help of Elijah. The dude is older than me and doesn't have a steady income why would I be interested?"

Pouring half the bottle of apple juice into her glass she raised an eyebrow eyeballing it, downing the glass she gave it to me going back into the living room with the bottle of juice in her hands.

"You can't convince me he's good enough but like it's up to you. I know plenty of people who are up to part and have things going for themselves, like my best friend Messiah. He's adorable, smart as hell, into the same weird lame shit you're into and he's unproblematic"

"Daddy, can you get me some grapes?" Delilah shouts not knowing I'm standing a few feet behind her

"Me too?" Milan yells standing on the couch making eye contact with me. "my brudda wants some too, don't forget him"

"I don't want that Mimi" Amir whisper yells. "I want a banana"

"Dada, he wants a nana!"

"Oh shit, Ima call you back later I forgot I got something to do today" groaning Lauren got up unzipping her onesie putting her phone done. "what were you trying to say a few minutes ago, Elijah?"

"Don't worry about it, where are you going?"

"I have a photoshoot at a petting zoo today, a redneck couple wants to take pictures by the donkeys and shit. The girlfriends' dress is made up of old flags and everything"

"You're comfortable doing their shoot?"

"I don't care, to be honest, these people haven't done or said anything off the wall to me so" shrugging she nods. "I have another shoot later, it's also going to be outdoors I'm not sure what time I'll be back"

"Will Amir be going with you?"

"Nah you know he doesn't like the heat or animals"

"Daddy where's my grapes?"

"And my Brudda's nana? He gotta eat!"

"Delilah and Milan y'all can get up and get it. Squirt speak up for yourself, Milan isn't always going to be your voice" Lauren says hitting them upside their heads with a pillow, she took off running away up the stairs when Delilah glares at her holding up the pillow

"Yes I am" Milan whispers yells giving Amir a thumbs up.

***

Lauren Monique